New Sergeant Part 14

Sitting the apartment eating take out my legs where drapped over Sonny's as he rubbed my thigh as the tv made noise in the background. It's been a little of 2 years since I came to New York and I joined SVU. Everything was great  as close to a fairytale as you. could get really. Oliva was trying to get Fin to take the Sergeant exam. Amanda was expecting her baby shower was tomorrow. Her mother will be there it always a pleasure like pulling teeth.
The next day it was around five i was getting ready for Manda's baby shower. I had on a navy blue dress about knee length it flared below my bust which was held in with a dark grey belt. It ran all the way up flushed with my neck the dress was sleevless. My hair softly curled laying on my shoulders placing a head band on pushing my hair out of my face. I was putting on a brown smokey eye.  When Sonny walked in I see him smiling puting his tie around his neck. I turn tying his tie for him. Resting my hand on his chest.  I smile up at him standing on my tippy toes since I was barefoot to kiss him. His hand rested on my hip gently. I pull away slightly.
"You're going to make us late." I tease him.
"Oh yeah it is going to be my fault." He shakes his head as I turn putting my lipstick on a nice wine red. Before leaving the bathroon slipping on my large nude platforn heels. I followed Sonny out of the apartment. Taking his hand as we walked towards where Amanda's baby shower was.
Walking into the building I see Amanda and Liv. Walking over I also see Mrs. Rollins.
"Hey," I hug Amanda.
"Grace, how are you?" Mrs. Rollins asks.
"I'm good ma'am how are you?" I ask as a courtesy.
"I'm very good. Well who is this handsome young man." She exclaimed.
"Sonny," he smiles placing his hand on my back. We wonder around greeting everyone. Sonny sets the present on the present table. We eventaully turned in need to go into the office tomorrow.
Going in to the office the next day. Sonny goes to ask Amanda if she likes her presents as I walk over to my desk
starting paper work. Seeing our new sergeant walk in straight to Liv's office it was almost in and put as they left for a scene. It was about an hour before they came back. They were closely followed by Antoine Grasnokaf who is down thinking he was looking for his flute, but in reality he was under investigation for assault and rape. Fin and Sonny interviewed him and I was sitting doing my normal research into the guy when my new sergeant came over to talk.
"Hello, I'm sergeant Mike Dodds." He shakes my hand.
"Grace Sutton, mainly a professional pencil pushers." I smile at him and he smiles back.
"So how long have you been here at SVU?" He asks leaning back on my desk.
"A little over two years." I lean back into my chair.
"I've been in the force as long as I remember." He states confidently he's definitely his father's son.
"Grace you listening?" Dodds asks.
"Yeah sorry," I redirect my attetion back  to him.
"So what about it?" He asked.
"Let me think about." What was his qeustion shit... he walks over
"Hey Grace," Sonny calls I look over. "Did Rollins get that video to work."
"I'm not sure." I state looking to her. "I think she is trying to get it to work on her computer. I saw Fin and her walk into the break room." Sonny nodds getting ready to go back into the integration room this times it was Dodds and Sonny.