30

Sapphire's POV

The town is so quite. I notice I woke up in the middle of the road while people are passing by. Wait. Do they look like... Zombies? I shivered.

No, I mean, seriously, they look emotionless and just walking slowly. But they're not dead, I'm sure. I knew it. They must be controlled. I stand up quickly as I try to ask one of them and spotted a girl.

What the?!

"Lorraine!"

I run towards her and shake her shoulders. She looks pale and I don't know, looks dead? Her appearance is making me uncomfortable, she looks skinny! Where's the cheerful Lorraine I met before? I haven't seen her in days or maybe weeks or months!

"Lorraine, look at me! Do you know me? Do you still know who I am? Can you hear me?" Questions flooded her ears as she looks at me confusedly.

"Death has finally awakened. He will come to us. He will kill us. He will give no freedom. We're all going to die!" She shouted as I suddenly back up from her. Oh no, she's controlled.

What should I do? I need to find Blake, I mean Alexander as soon as possible. This need to stop.

I suddenly run away from her and started calling out his name.

"Blake! Blake! Where are you?! Blake!" I shouted loudly. No matter how loud I screamed, the people that pass by me, don't seem to notice or heard me. Well, they're not helping. If Blake doesn't work, let's try the other one.

"Alexander?! Alexander!"

I kept running and running when a figure in front of me appeared. I stopped.

"James?" I asked with a small tone.

"Finding your lover boy?" He smirked as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why are you still here James Lucas? What do you want?"

"You, of course." 

"Excuse me?"

He then chuckled as he went towards me while I drag my feet backwards. The hell is wrong with this guy?

"You're supposed to be my victim you know. But that little demon of yours blocked my way. You should have been mine in the first place." He said.

I huff.

"You don't own me..."

"But soon you will."

"No." I spat back.

"Ah, you're so stubborn today. Where have you been anyway? I was looking for you, you know?"

He was what?!

"Why the hell do you care? Please you're in my way and you're actually wasting my time. If you still have something to say, say it now so I could leave." I stated. I have no business with him anyway.

"Why in a hurry baby girl? Don't you want to have a sweet talk with me?" He asked, smiling devilishly. I want to smack him, seriously.

"No. Now if you excuse me."

I did try to get away from him but his hand stop me by grabbing my arm harshly making me hiss.

"Alexander is gone Sapphire. Morte is in control now" He said slowly making me look at him.

"You knew? You knew about Xander and Morte all along?"

He then look at me and smirk.

"Of course. I am Morte's loyal servant. As a reward of being loyal to him for a hundred years, he gave you to me. But that son of a bitch stole you from me." He said angrily as he grasp my arm tightly. And I forcedly took it away from him.

"I'm not a toy for someone to play with. Leave me out of this." I said through gritted teeth.

"Ah, my sweet Sapphire."

I tensed. That voice. The voice I wanted to hear. It must be him! I turn around, "Blake–" but I stopped when I was greeted by a golden eyes. Golden eyes. Its not him. Its him. MORTE.

"Where is he?" I asked angrily.

"I don't know. Where do you think he is?"

"Bring him back!"

"No can do honey." I face to my right side where the voice come from and it came from my mother. I gasp. Lucina Gates. The mother I thought was real. She's still wearing her clothes from clubbing with dirt all over her. She looks like, she came back from the dead.

I want to cry so bad but I couldn't. I just couldn't.

"Xander is gone now Sapphire. You won't be able to see him ever again." I turn to my left side and saw my father standing. Matthew Gates. My parents. Gosh, the one who didn't told me anything. How am I supposed to take all of these so easily? How?

"Little Sapphire finally learned the truth. Who told you? Little Xander? Ha! Children really!" Morte exclaimed.

I glared at him.

"Where is Alexander?" I asked impatiently.

"Really little Sapphire? What if I tell you that he's-"

"Where the fuck is he?!" My voice boomed through the whole place making him stop babbling.

"ALEXANDER IS GONE!!!" He shouted back and appears right in front of my face and we're only inch apart.

My heart is beating fast and my body couldn't stop trembling from fear. He's close. Too close.

"Kmighter." I suddenly blurted out as I smile at him. I know Alexander is still in there cause his eyes soften. That's right Xander, don't let him control you.

"Knighter, I know you're in there. Please, you need to fight. Don't let him control you, took over you. You are you. You are Alexander, no one else. I'm so sorry for leaving you before without saying goodbye. And the truth is, I was never dead Xander, I was alive. And I am Sapphire, Sapphire Lawrence. You're best friend, you're Flare. I forgive you for all the things you did to me and the things you have done to yourself..."

I cupped his face with both my hands and close my eyes.

"Alexander, be release from your curse and change your life." I open my eyes once again and kissed his forehead.

A light appeared around us and all I knew everything is at peace once again.

He's finally free.

He's finally back.

Alexander McKnight is back.