25

Sapphire's POV

He sighs, "Finally". I look up to him as I sit on the stairs, still confused about the pictures on the wall.
"Finally what?"

He gave me a smirk as he put his both hands to his small waist. Um?
"You, finally shut up" I widened my eyes and tried to say something but stopped when his hand appeared right in front of my face, telling me to, well you know, shut up. I pouted.

"Well aren't you stubborn?" He laugh. I just look down, noticing he started to sit beside me. I stayed quiet. "Let me tell you a story yeah?" He stated. A story? Why not? I nodded eagerly.

"Well, once upon a time..." He stopped and look at me. I gulped. What? "There was a boy who is afraid. Afraid of everything about the world. He doesn't want to meet anyone. He's afraid someone will judge him in the wrong way without knowing anything about him. Afraid that someone will try to hurt him, kill him so he hide.

He started to hide in the shadows, where no one could notice him. Where no one could hurt him. Said it was his only option" He said. I furrowed. Only option?

"Why is he afraid anyway?"

"That's another part of the story. This boy has a terrible father you see. He do... Stupid things" He stopped. I wonder what it is though.