3

Sapphire's POV

"He b-became a-a what?" I stuttered nervously cause her to sigh.

"He became a Demon" Lorraine said softly. I was confused. There's a Demon living in this town? Roaming around? Killing people?

"Hey it's okay" I straighten up. She smiles at me. "There's nothing to worry about. I'll protect you from him" I gasped. What did she say? She will protect me?

"E-excuse me?" She huff. "What? You are new here right? So you don't know the rules yet. Especially of what always happens here every night" She smirk. I stare at her, completely confuse. What's with her again?

"Tonight... You will hear something" She stated. Hear something? Hear what?

"What is it?" "A whistle"

"A whistle?"

"Yeah, a whistle. The whistle symbolize the mystery guy. It means... He's roaming the town again and looking for someone to kill. You can only hear the whistle once every night and the sound always echoed through the town, loud enough for all of us to hear" I was amazed. Really?

"Cool isn't it?" I nodded.

"To someone it can be cool, but sometimes it can be scary also. If the whistle stops in the middle of the night, it means..." She trailed off. How could she?! I eagerly want to know!

"It means what?" I impatiently waited, tapping my fingers. What is it? What is it?

"It means... He killed someone" I froze onto my sit. H-he what?

"Once the whistle stops, it's the sign he already killed someone. And by the next morning, you can see it in the newspaper or in television. It always h-happens everyday, so we just kinda used to it" She said looking down, her eyebrows furrowed. I felt bad for her. How could someone do that? Is he merciless?

But wait?

"So it means... Someone died yesterday too?" I asked. She stare at me.

"Yes" She mouthed. I gasped as I put my hand to my mouth, adjusting all the things she says. Its only my first time here, now I'm expecting some bad things going to happen in this place. I am a victim. I am one of his victims. I am part of this town. I am trapped here... Forever.

"Once you enter this place, you are trapped. You are one of us. Escape and you'll die. There's no freedom in this place, all bad things is happening in here"

"But how can you escape? How?" I asked.

"How? There's no way of escaping this place. Stay... Until your last day come. Its like hell right?" She chuckled but I stayed silent. How could she? How could she laugh at that statement? Isn't she afraid? Afraid she get killed by the Mystery Guy?

"How could you laugh at that statement? H-how could you?"
She look at me, straight to the eyes.

"Do you have any choice? Of course there's no choice. You're just going to enjoy until the day he finds you and kill you directly. Who knows, maybe you're the next?" I looked at her shocked.

"How could you say that in front of me?! Who do you think you are?!" I yelled furiously cause some people in the coffee shop turn their head towards our direction. I look down. Lorraine on the other hand, smirk at me.

I want to slap her, really.

"Calm down will ya? Didn't I say the word 'maybe'? I said, maybe you're the next. I didn't say it's going to be really you or something" She chuckled. I hate her and I mean it.