4

Sapphire's POV

I slowly open my eyes as the sunlight suddenly peeked through my window and groan. What happened last night? Did I miss something? That's when I remember someone's talking to me. The voice that I heard yesterday in the car and also here in my room.

I gasp.

Wait, I collapsed last night right? But why am I in... Bed? I collapsed on the floor. Seriously?

Who put me on bed? I wonder.

Did my Dad saw me collapsed or he thought I was just sleeping on the floor and picked me up? And the whistle. I didn't hear the whistle. Okay, this is so early for this thing yet. Can this wait? I got up on my bed and directly burst out of the door as I rush downstairs.

"Mom?!" I called. "In the kitchen!" She replied back. I suddenly spotted her in the kitchen cooking something for breakfast.

That's when I didn't notice, I asked her directly.

"Did you hear the whistle last night?"

"Whistle? Last night? Well..." Then she started thinking trying to remember if she really did hear a whistle. Oh no, did she?

"Ah yes. I did hear a whistle last night. Like someone is passing by our house and just... Whistling. Weird, I know. " My mom smiled. So its true? The rumors are true? Does my mom know its the whistling guy? That it's him?

I groan. Me on the other hand didn't hear it which is unlucky for me. I want to hear it so badly. But wait? Does my mom knows I collapsed last night? I mean, who put me on bed?

"Mom? Did you went into my room last night?" I asked. She stare at me.

"I didn't my love which is I'm sorry. Me and your father forget to give you a good night so, let us make this up for you tonight okay?" My mom chuckled. I frowned.

My Mom and Dad didn't went into my room last night? So it means, they didn't saw me collapsed on the floor. W-who put me on bed then? Is it the one who keeps talking to me in my room? No, it can't be.

"Why don't you eat your breakfast now?"

"Oh uh, no I'm good. I need to get ready Mom, I'm meeting Lorraine today actually. " I said quickly.

"Okay fine, just please eat some breakfast okay?" I nodded.

I directly went up upstairs and change into my new clothes. After that, I rush downstairs and directly went out of the door.

I headed at the coffee shop. I went inside and suddenly found Lorraine is already waving at me in one of the tables. I went to her.

"So? Did you hear the whistle last night?" She said excitedly cause me to frown.

"That's the thing, I didn't" Then its her turn to frown. I sigh. Yeah, yeah.

"Why the hell is that? Didn't you know that the whistle of his can wake up everyone in this town? Why didn't you?" Lorraine asked. Gosh, does hearing the whistle is very necessary?

Its not my fault that I collapsed last night because someone is talking to me. Like what?

"Its just something happened at that time maybe, that's why I didn't hear it. By the way, did someone died last night?" I asked. I know its a stupid question but I want to know. It always happens here right? She said it herself.

Lorraine on the other hand furrowed her eyebrows and look down. Is she okay? Did I offend her? That was a bad idea I guess.

"Listen to me Sapphire. This is the first time that ever happened here in this town ever since three years ago and its creeping me out." She said. I just stared at her confusedly.