6

The week went by fast. Finally it was Friday and almost weekend again. 

I was at work and kids at school. I can't wait for this week to end. It was one rough week for us. My kids are going on holiday soon after their semester. Not that it matters. I still have to work. 

My boss came into my office just after tea time. His name was Oliver.

"Elena, they want you to go to Ohio for the blog." he said as he entered my office. 

I turned to face him. "Oh great. When will I be going?"

"Monday. Your flight leaves Sunday morning. You will be there for 3 weeks." he answered.

"That's great. Will I be staying in a hotel?" I replied.

"You said you know someone there, so I was hoping you can ask your friend if you can stay with her. The costs to get you there and back and your spending money and everything is expensive. Will it be a problem?"

I know now that I have to stay at Jamie's place. But I know I didn't had the money to pay for my own hotel to stay there. So I guess I have to ask Amber to stay with her after all.

"I guess I don't have a choice. I'll arrange it." I said. 

"Thanks Elena. It will be a good experience for you." he said.

"I know and I'm looking forward to it." I said.

"Let me know by the end of today." he said.

"I will. Thanks Oliver." I said.

He left my office and I called my mom in law to organize the staying for my kids with them. I already told them that I might be going and they said the kids can stay there with them. And I also asked my mom to take them as well. Then I went on messenger, hoping Amber will be on. And I texted her.

"Hi."

She text back "Hi."

I replied "I'm coming to Ohio. I'm leaving Sunday morning."

She replies "Yes! So are you going to stay at a hotel?"

I replied "About that. Looks like I'm going to need a place to stay. Will Jamie mind? Can I stay there? I know we have history but if he says no I have to pay for a hotel myself."

She replies "He doesn't have a choice. Your my bestie and you are staying here. He just have to deal with it if he has a problem."

I replied "Thanks Amber."

She replied "Are the kids coming too?"

I replied "No. They are staying with the grandparents."

She replies "Awww... Ok. I guess I'll see you soon then. OMG! I can't wait....!"

I replied "Me too. Love you."

She replied "Love you too."

So the weekend I got everything together for my trip to Ohio. I was very nervous. But also very excited. Nervous because of Jamie. But excited because of Amber. 

Lately Mandy was also texting me again. She was trying to make things right and apologizing. So I told her we can try to work things out. Amber wasn't too fond of it but said she will try too. 

Sunday morning I was at the airport saying good bye to my kids. Then I got on the plane to Ohio. 

Long. Long flight for me....

Please let me know what you think of the story so far. Thank you so much for your support.  AND PLEASE VOTE!

Love Ema.