Chapter Thirty-Four

Here we go people, it's the end of the season! Are you guys excited, because I am! Also, I sorta broke my streak by not posting a chapter yesterday, so I'm posting two today! Enjoy!

Episode 23 - One Shall Fall

[Amanda]

  As I sat at the steps of the high school with the others, waiting for the Autobots to come pick us up, I massaged my temples, where a headache was pounding since this morning.

  "Amanda?" I looked up to see Raf looking at me in concern. "Are you okay?"

  I gave him a small smile. "Fine just... have a headache."

  "Drink some water," He handed me an unopened bottle. "That usually helps me."

  "Thanks." I did as he said, but the headache didn't lessen at all, maybe even worsening. I tried to play it off, but I could see that the others saw through it.

  "Maybe you should take a nap at base," Jack suggested.

  I shook my head. "I'm fine. It's just a headache. It'll probably be gone by the time we get to the base."

  Miko and Jack exchanged a look they thought I didn't see just as two cars and a motorcycle pulled up. The others headed towards their Autobots as I scanned the road for a truck, but saw none and frowned.

  "Amanda!" My gaze went to Miko, who was waving me over and I headed towards her. "Bulk said Optimus was working on something at base for the whole day."

  "So I offered to get you," Bulkhead finished. "Climb in."

  "Thanks, Bulkhead." I said, climbing into the backseat.

  "No problem, kid. Next stop, the base!"

~~

  "It was written in the covenant of Primus that when the 47 spheres align, a perpetual conflict will culminate upon a world forged from chaos," Optimus said as he examined the base's computer screen in front of him. "And the weak shall perish in the shadow of a rising darkness."

  "No sky is raining fire?" Arcee asked, her tone somewhat sarcastic as she and Bulkhead walked over to the main computer to peer at the screen.

  "Goes without saying. It is a doom prophecy after all." Ratchet said, not detecting said sarcasm, his eyes fixed on the same screen. I was watching too from the platform, listening to the whole thing as the same headache pounded at my temples. It was still getting worse, causing me to lose focus as the Autobots talked.

  "I say it's a load of hooey," Bulkhead commented.

  Ratchet shook his head. "I always assumed the ancients were referring to our home planet, but being that Cybertron has been dark for eons..."

  "And considering what has befallen this planet since Megatron's arrival here." Optimus finished, not saying the whole idea but I connected the dots.

  "Wait a second," I said, causing them all to turn to me. "How do we know this prophecy is a real thing anyways?"

  "She's right," Bulkhead said. "We've known about these superstitions for ages and never gave them a second thought."

  "Why all the ominous rumblings now?" Arcee asked, going off of our points.

  The Prime didn't turn away from the screen. "Because the planetary alignment to which the prophecy refers is nearly upon us."