Chapter Twenty-Six

[Miko]

  "Okay, I am coming over everyday!" I exclaimed as I climbed the diving board by Amanda's gigantic pool in her even bigger backyard. The girl was loaded, had all of this, but never brought it up as if she were trying to forget it.

  Amanda shot me a smile from her spot in the pool. "Then our skin will be wrinkly all the time."

  "Worth it!" I called as I dived in. She laughed and ducked under the water to avoid the splash I made, surfacing only when the waters calmed down. "You know, I think even the Bots could fit in this thing."

  "Yeah, but I'm not sure they'd like the water," She said. "Do you think they'd rust like normal metal?"

  I shrugged. "Beats me, you're the smart one."

  She rolled her eyes but smiled, and I felt myself do the same. I never had a friend like her here or in Japan, since no one could ever deal with my personality (not exactly sure why though). Amanda was probably the first girl I could call my best friend.

  "Hey Amanda?" She stopped swimming laps and looked at me. "Do you have a robot that makes  smoothies?"

  She let out a laugh. "Not yet."

  "Are you sure?" I smirked. "I feel like that's something you'd have."

  "Nope, but we can go and make our own smoothies."

  I jumped out of the pool and grabbed a nearby towel. "Good enough for me!"

  We dashed inside, leaving a trail of water, and slid into the kitchen. Amanda started tossing some fruit from her fridge to the kitchen's island and then took out a blender. We made smoothies and drank them while talking about everything from school to the Bots. I noticed how she would let me do most of the talking, her being more content listening, and how she seemed a little surprised everytime she laughed.

  After we finished with the pool and I forced her to give me a tour of her mansion, Amanda and I packed up our stuff and I called Bulkhead to come pick us up.

  "Hey Bulk!" I chirped when the wrecker picked up.

  "Hi, Miko." He sounded amused. "Ready to get to the base?"

  "Yupers."

  "Amanda coming with?"

  "Double yupers."

  "And you're at her house?"

  "Wow, that's a triple yupers."

  There was a long pause. "Uh, where does she live?"

  I laughed. "Mansion at the edge of Jasper, opposite way of the base. It's the only one out here."

  "Right. Give me a few."

  "See ya!"

  I hung up as Amanda walked towards my spot in the front foyer. She had changed into some jeans and a t-shirt, and had her school bag thrown over her shoulder.

  "Bulkhead's coming?" She asked and I nodded.

  "A?" I said, using the nickname I made for her. She raised an eyebrow to show that she was listening and I continued. "I had fun. You're probably one of the only people I've had actual fun with like this."

  She gave me a half smile. "Same here. We should do this again."

  "You can bet on it! That pool has my name all over it!"

~~

[Amanda]

  After nearly falling asleep at school the next day, I was on my way to english when one of the secretaries called me to the office. Confused, I walked into the office to see Agent Fowler chatting with the secretary.