Chapter Ten

[Amanda]

  At this point, I had no idea what to say except for I did not sign up for this. But, I decided against voicing my comments because everyone already looked freaked out.

  After Miko decided to follow Bulkhead through the ground bridge, Jack, Raf and I followed in hopes of getting her out of there before she got squashed. That plan backfired, since we all got sucked into the mess Miko lead us into. Luckily, Arcee and Bumblebee had showed up to help Bulkhead, and in the end, they found Fowler and we all got out safe. We had even found some sort of important looking information on the Decepticons' computer. So not a complete loss, but still, being caught in the middle of an Autobot-Decepticon battle was... well, scary.

  I found an old cot in one of the side rooms of the Autobot base and an IV bag, and wheeled it to the main area. Jack and Miko lifted Fowler from the couch to the cot, and I connected the IV to his arm before pulling the blanket on the cot over him. He was unconscious, thankfully, but needed rest if he was ever going to mend from his Con experience.

  Just as we finished settling Fowler in, the ground bridge opened and a grim looking Optimus and Ratchet walked through. Ratchet was clutching his arm, and Optimus guided him straight to the med bay, where he began to put a cast on Ratchet's injury. The other Autobots didn't say anything, only looked as somber as Optimus. As Optimus created a cast for Ratchet, Bulkhead told him what had happened while the two were gone, before the base fell silent again. Miko was the one to break the silence this time.

  "What happened to you guys anyways?" She asked, her tone gentle, which slightly surprised me.

  Ratchet looked down at her. "We engaged an army of undead Cybertronian warriors."

  "Zombies?" Miko's face was shocked before turning angry. "You fought zombies and I missed it?!"

  I sighed and shook my head. When was she going to realize this was serious and not a game?

  "Bulkhead," Optimus spoke up for the first time since returning to the base. "You exercised extremely poor judgement in allowing the humans to accompany you."

  Bulkhead stood, glanced at us, and then back at the lead Autobot. "It won't happen again, Optimus. I promise."

  "But is wasn't Bulkhead's fault!" Miko protested, and I willed her to stop talking before she made things worse.

  "Miko, please!" The wrecker exclaimed, clearly thinking the same thing as me.

  But Miko wasn't done. "And check it out." She pulled out her phone, probably showing Optimus the picture she took of the Decepticon computer screen. "Recon!"

  The lead Autobot leaned down to peer at Miko's phone, before standing again."Ratchet, have a look. It could be of importance to Megatron."

  "Whoa," Jack stepped forward. "Megatron's back? That's really bad news, right?"

  Ratchet leaned forward, peering at Miko's phone and frowned. "I.. don't understand."

  She glanced at what was on her screen . "Oops! That's the 'Con who tried to blow Raf away. At least that's what he looked like before Bulkhead rearranged his grill."

  A chill ran down my spine as I remembered that moment and I glanced at Raf, who seemed perfectly fine with the whole rearranging grill bit. Jack on the other hand, look cheesed.

  "Miko, Raf was almost killed." He said through gritted teeth, losing his temper on her. Raf stepped back and I moved closer to him as reassurance. "This isn't a game! When are you gonna get that through your thick skull?"