Chapter Twenty-Seven

[Amanda]

  And here I thought I was going to be able to clear my mind with a drive.

  I swallowed hard, pressing my back against the passenger side door of my McLaren P1, trying to get as far away from Knockout as possible. I knew that if he got me, I'd get a one way ticket to Megatron.

  "Now, why don't get you get over here?" The Decepticon said. "I'd hate to ruin such a nice car even more."

  I didn't move, carefully slipping my hand onto the passenger door handle, and he sighed.

  "Fine," He ripped the driver side door off and began to reach for me, making me tug on the handle and tumble out the other side. The moment my feet hit the ground, I took off running into the forest that lined the road.

  "Don't be like that, human!" Knockout called, his tone exasperated. I didn't stop running, ducking between the trees and leaping over the roots. My eyes darted to the trees, considering climbing one, but deciding against it and kept running. Once I was far enough, I slid behind a boulder and pulled out my phone, all while trying to be as quiet as possible. I dialled a number, who answered right away.

  "Yes?" Optimus said over his comm and I felt relief fill my chest.

  "Optimus, it's me," I whispered. "I need your help. Now. Are you at the base?"

  "I'm getting a ground bridge now," There was as pause, then I assumed he was back at the base. "What's wrong?"

  "I need you to lock onto my coordinates," I said, hearing Knockout's footsteps in the distance.

  "What is going on?" He asked, worry evident in his tone.

  "Knockout is after me," I explained, keeping my voice down as the footsteps got closer. "I ran into the woods, but I need your help Optimus because I can't get rid of him."

  "I'm on my way." The Prime assured me, though he sounded even more concerned himself.

  "Found you," A voice said from above me and I looked up to see Knockout leaning on the rock I was behind. He took a swipe at me and I jumped back, accidently dropping my phone.

  "Hurry!" I yelled at it just before the Decepticon stepped on it. My gaze whipped back up to him, seeing the smirk on his face grow.

  He started stalking towards me, causing me to scramble back. "Well, I have to say you humans do have quite the spirit, but this is it. Even though you probably called the Autobots, I still have a head start."

  I kept moving back, trying to keep him in his rant while I tried to slip away. My heart was pounding in my ears and all I could feel was fear because I didn't know what to do. I lost my focus for a second and tripped, landing on my butt. Knockout's smirk grew when he saw my fear and he began to reach towards me-

  Then the sound of a truck horn caught his attention and a certain truck slammed into the Con, sending him flying sideways. Optimus transformed in front of me, sending a concerned look at me.

  "Are you alright?" He asked and I nodded, the words not forming. I spotted Knockout start to stand and then the words formed.

  "Look out!" I exclaimed just as the Con leapt forward, causing Optimus to turn and reply to Knockout's attack with his fist. He flew back, crashing into some trees as Optimus moved forward to block me from the Con.

  "I guess you Bots really do care about your pets," Knockout said, amusement still in his tone as he unsheathed a chainsaw extension. "Who does she belong to? Arcee? Or maybe the big one, Bulkhead?"