Chapter Twenty-Eight

Episode 15 - Shadowzone

[Amanda]

  "Miss Beckett, I'm assuming by your lack of attention you already know how to solve this problem?" My physics teacher, Mrs Delane, said, startling me out of my thoughts.

  My eyes scanned the board, trying to catch up with what happened while I was zoned out. "Uh, yeah."

  "Then be my guest." She held out a piece of chalk and I held back a sigh, trudging to the front of the room.

  Why did I even take physics? It's dull, boring, and I already know what I need to know.

  Still, I did the problem on the board and turned to the teacher, fighting off an exasperated look. Mrs Delane looked over my work, then fixed me with a frown.

  "Correct," She said as if it pained her. "But do try to pay attention in class, Miss Beckett."

  I didn't reply, just headed back to my desk, waiting for the bell to ring. It wasn't my fault my head wasn't in the classroom, I had other concerns, like finding out who Silas really is and making him pay for killing my mother. I'm pretty sure that is much more important then finding out how a diamond reflects light.

  Riiiiiiing

  Finally!

  I packed up my notebooks, making a mental note of what Mrs Delane was giving as homework, before walking out of the class. After a quick trip to my locker, I started heading towards the front of the school when a familiar voice called.

  "A!" Miko waved me over to her locker, where Jack, Raf and Finn stood.

  Wait what? Finn? Since when were we friends with him?
  Since when did he go to our school?!

  "You've met Finn, right?" Miko asked and I nodded, not looking at the new kid.

  "Amanda's the one who gave me the tour," Finn supplied.

  "Truthfully, I'm glad someone else joined the team," She continued. "These guys were getting boring."

  Jack raised an eyebrow in an amused manner. "Ouch. I'm hurt, Miko. I thought we were tight."

  Miko gave him a grin before turning back to Finn. "I guess now you'll have to be Ratchet's human. Good luck with that, the doc is a grump."

  "I won't be around often enough for that," He shook his head. "I know the others take you guys everywhere and watch your backs, but I don't need that because the Decepticons don't know my face and I'm not going to be at the base as much as you all."

  Phew.

  I glanced at the front doors. "Speaking of which, shouldn't we get going?"

  To my relief, Raf nodded. "The Bots are probably already outside, we shouldn't keep them waiting too long." Then he turned to Finn. "You can come with me, I'm sure Bee won't mind at all."

  "Thanks, Raf," He said and we all started heading out of the school. I stuck to the back, not wanting to show the new kid that he was particularly welcome but also not wanting to be too blunt about it. Suddenly, he slowed his pace and was walking side by side with me.

  "Hey, Amanda?" He said and I felt the urge to roll my eyes.

  "Mhm?" I said, not looking at him.

  "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for how I acted yesterday," he said. "I'm not very good with new people and everything just sort of gets blurted out. I'm trying not to be so blunt, especially with the whole reading your face thing, but it's not easy."