╟ Chapter 132: Rebecca ╢

Start from the beginning

"Inside, people really show their true color" Cavendish continued, examining the petal he tore away from the flower. "They're bottling up frustration, fear, and anger everyday, and hiding their bestiality deep inside of them. But they want to let it all out. Who wants to see a prolonged match between heavily armored competitors? For them, this competition is just a show"

"Should I take off this cape, too?" wondered Luffy, grabbing the red piece of cloth. "But it looks so good..."

"Hey you" Cavendish earned your captain's attention once more. "I was watching you take down that big guy earlier. Who are you?"

"I'm Luffy!" answered automatically the boy, forgetting that he was undercover.

Your heart stopped beating in your rib cage, glaring at Luffy with your mouth agape and expression beyond mortified. Cavendish's eyes narrowed, and the gladiators who were close to hear whipped their heads in your direction.

"I'm gonna become the King of the Pirates!" continued the idiot, taking off his cape. The gladiators read the name on his back.

"Your name is Lucy!" snarled one of them.

"Oh yeah, it's Lucy" he said sheepishly, earning a shield behind his head. "Ouch!"

"DON'T CONFUSE US!"

"Oh, you're Lucy! I thought Straw Hat Luffy was here. I heard the real one is an eight-meter-tall giant!"

"PFFF!" you quickly muffled your laugh, earning a look from both Cavendish and Luffy.

"If you were really Straw Hat Luffy, I would have....killed you here and now" the blonde's expression turned dark.

"What? Why?" inquired Luffy.

"I entered the New World three years ago" started Cavendish. "The whole world was talking about this beautiful rookie who was worth over 200 million. Newspapers covered me everyday. Girls went nuts over my wanted posters"

"Urg, Realm of God..." you let out a disgusted noise, folding your arms.

"They stole all of the posters throughout a town. Everybody was going crazy about me" he continued to boast his ego, imitating fans.

"Hey, big star!"

"Who? Me?"

"Of course!"

"Cavendish-sama, look at me!"

"Don't worry! I'm always looking at you all!"