forty one : sex & regrets

Start from the beginning

Both girls laughed then after a while, I heard Autumn ask, "Where's everyone though?" and my sister answered with, "They have left, something happened."

"What is it? What's wrong?" Autumn's voice sounded worried and my heart could not help but flutter a bit.

"Family drama." Shanelle's answer pretty much summed everything up. "My brother showed up and--" she abruptly stopped, almost as if she was caught doing something she was not supposed to. "I have something to do." My sister sounded like she was trying to escape and I wondered what caused the sudden change of heart. "I, uh, I gotta go. Just text me if you have any questions."

I heard loud, fast-paced footsteps and right when I glanced up, I saw my sister practically running through the door. "Hey, Elle!" I called her and she stopped and then turned around.

"Oh, you're here." Relief flooded her feature. "Great. We gotta go."

I frowned. "Why? What happened?"

"Ugh, the the-one-who-shall-not-be-named happened." Shanelle rolled her eyes and let out a frustrated sigh. I knew she meant Luke. Since that day during summer break, they had never spoken to each other and my sister sorta ran away from him, which made me think something must have happened during that time. I had tried asking her before but all she said was that he had done something unforgivable. She had not elaborated further and I did not want to push her into talking. "Can we go now?" Her plead stopped my train of thought.

"Yeah." I started to walk alongside her when I suddenly remembered the conversation I had had with Mario. "Wait, Elle, I need to talk to him."

My sister, clearly not anticipating this, stared at me in disbelief. "What?"

"I need to talk to Luke." Damn. Why the timing was never right? I brushed off the locks that fell on my forehead. "Can you wait for a while?"

Shanelle looked like she was going to say no but in the end, she just gave me a small nod. "I'll be waiting in the bar."

"Don't drink too much, Elle," I warned her. "Mom will find out."

She rolled her eyes and shooed me away with a flick of her hand. "She won't if you don't tell her."

I gave her one last look before entering the ballroom, completely unaware that Luke was not alone.

SUMMERS

It is never easy to meet one's ex

It is never easy to meet one's ex. Especially not when you ended things on bad terms and definitely not when your heart still aches because of them.