18

~•Third Person POV•~

     It was about 12:51 PM when they left the school together. The school lunch period was coming to an end so they had to get out quick without being seen. Since it was almost over, they knew teachers would begin to start roaming around the halls to their assigned classrooms to prepare for the rest of the school day. But to their relief, they were able to make it out the doors, into the parking lot, and inside Yoongi's car without being spotted.

     Jimin became even more panicked than he already was when Yoongi asked him where he wanted to go. Being thrown off by the adrenaline, neither of them thought about where they would go. So they drove around the area for a little bit, having conversations until Yoongi finally came up with an idea.

"Hey Jimin?"

"Yea?"

"You know that cute little coffee shop near your apartment building? Can we go?"

     Yoongi remembered visiting the coffee shop the day he took Jimin to the movies. He needed to do something to kill time while he waited to pick up Jimin and the coffee shop was basically a life saver for him. When he went, he fell in love with it and the rest of the neighborhood that had been so foreign to him at the time. He wanted to visit it again so badly.

"Aw Yoongi, of course!"

     Yoongi, out of excitement, let his gummy smile show to the younger boy when he heard the words come out of his mouth. In that moment, Jimin became mesmerized by how bright his smile really was. Yoongi didn't do a lot of smiling. But when he did, it felt as if time itself had stopped.

     When they got to Jimin's neighborhood near the coffee shop, Yoongi parked a few blocks away. "Why did you park so far? I'm sure there were spots right in front of the actual shop."

"I just really like the scenery in your neighborhood."

     Jimin tilted his head in confusion. He never really thought much of his neighborhood. Everything was worn down and old, nothing but apartment buildings and tiny shops. But despite all of this, Yoongi fell in love with it. He liked the vintage look of the neighborhood. All the apartments and the rush of it. Since Yoongi has always lived in a very rich neighborhood where things rarely happened, this part of town was like a whole new world to him.

"I didn't think anyone would like my neighborhood. It's really poor," Jimin chuckled.

"Well it's pretty. Be grateful you live in a place as unique as this one."

After they walked a couple blocks, they finally made it to the coffee shop. They ordered coffee and shared a pastry, which made it seem like they were on a date. But while they were sat at their seats, talking and eating, people became skeptical of them. Due to their young looks, the people around them wondered if they should've been in school or not. Yoongi didn't notice the staring, but Jimin definitely did.

"Yoongi, I think we should leave."

"What? Why?"

"People are staring?"

"So?"

"We can't get caught outside of school. They'll call the cops and-"

All of a sudden, Jimin was cut off by a man who approached the table they were sitting at. "Excuse me gentlemen, but may I have a word with you two?" When Jimin heard these words, he began to panic. He tried his best not to show it, but his cheeks were turning red. Yoongi, on the other hand, showed no sight of fear. In fact, he looked like he had been through this multiple times before.

"That won't be necessary sir! We were actually just beginning to leave, thank you." He said while Jimin quickly nodded.

"No. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't let you two leave," the man responded. Jimins eyes widened as he looked over at Yoongi, but Yoongi didn't take his eyes off the man. All of a sudden, the cries of sirens were heard outside of the coffee shop. Jimin quickly stood up to see what was happening. He looked out the window and saw that three police cars had pulled up outside the shop. Jimin already knew what was happening.

"Yoongi what are we gonna do?" Jimin whispered while Yoongi was viciously biting his nails. Yoongi thought for a moment, until another crazy idea popped into his head. "Jimin, before anything happens, I need you to leave."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean get out."

"What?"

"Get out of here now!"

Jimin didn't want to leave Yoongi. He was confused, scared, and didn't want to be alone. But he did what Yoongi asked before anyone could see him go. When Jimin got outside, he saw the three cops get out of their cars, causing him to panic and hide behind a bush. They thankfully didn't see Jimin at all, which was a major relief.

Just when Jimin thought he could finally breathe, he became shocked when he saw a familiar blonde haired boy walk outside the shop and get on his knees in front of the officers. They were yelling at him, telling him not to move.

YOONGI!

The next thing you know, Yoongi was being handcuffed, pushed into a car, and driven away. When they finally left, Jimin couldn't bring himself to come out of the bush. He just sat their, his head in his knees, and sobbed.

This is all my fault.

Jimin feared for Yoongi's life. He didn't know what they did to kids that skipped school. He thought about Yoongi being locked up in a prison cell, which made him cry even more. I wish I could've been there with him. I let this happen.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
okay y'all what we NOT finna do is roast me about this chapter. i got my reasons for how i wrote it.

1. my high school was an outdoor campus. people would walk on and off that bitch 24/7 and almost every time, you'd get caught. so if got caught, the police came to get you. if people saw you come into their store and knew you were a student, the police were called on you and you got taken away somewhere.

2. that wasn't my only inspiration though. i was watching the movie annie one day and saw that one scene where she leaves the orphanage and the police come to get her. so it just kind of reminded me of high school in a way?

so hopefully now y'all got an understanding of where i was coming from when i wrote this. in the end, it's just a fan fic. it ain't that serious sweetie.

<3