Chapter 34

"Katy, I need your help!" I yelled in frustration as I tugged and pulled at my hair but it wouldn't stay put. In less than 3 seconds Katy was in my room with brushes, bands, hair grips, hair spray, the whole lot.

"Stop! Let the expert work." Katy slapped my hands away and grabbed strands of my hair. In a quick 10 minutes she had Dutch plaited my hair into two braids, one running down each side of my neck and down to my ribs.

"Thanks bestie!" I hugged Katy. She swatted me away and sat me down again.

"Right, now time for the outfit." Katy exclaimed. I sighed and sat down, I hope she knew what the weather was doing tonight because I was not going to freeze on her behalf.

Katy picked me a decent outfit, thermal jeggings, they were so thick and cozy- perfect for cold nights. A long sleeve white and black striped turtle neck jumper, along with my warm Superdry coat and a scarf and beanie.

"Perfect! What time is he getting you?" I looked down at my clock, 5 to 7.

"Soon." I pulled on my fluffy socks and boots before walking downstairs.

"Have fun on your date." I heard Liz shout from the living room. I thanked her before opening the door just as Lucas' taxi pulled up.

He stepped out and we walked to meet each other half way between my house and the taxi.

"Hi." I breathed. The coldness of the air turning my breath into fog.

"Hey. You look really nice." He said with a smile. I blushed and walked with him to the taxi. Unlike Tom, Lucas actually held the door open for me as I got in and shut it behind him.

The taxi pulled away and we pulled up at our destination about 20 minutes later.

I got out and looked around, we had driven a while away from our town and were on the outskirts of the next town over. I'd never been here before.

"C'mon." Lucas held my door open as I was looking around. I took his hand and we walked to a restaurant called Bella Italia.

"I love pasta." I giggled as I saw the menu outside the window.

"I know, that's why I brought you." Lucas smiled, the warm air soon engulfed us as we entered the cute restaurant.

"Hiya guys, welcome to Bella Italia." The receptionist greeted us. She took us to a small corner booth and our waitress came to take our orders and drinks.

"So how's your revision going?" Lucas asked, referring to my GCSEs which would be at the end of April.

"Oh god don't even get me started. It's still 5 months away, I won't start revision until about 5 weeks away." I laughed.

"You'll do fine, I know you will." He reassured me.

"So Aaron's birthday is in a few weeks and I was thinking of surprising him but I'm not sure how?" Wow was I really asking my boyfriend to help surprise my brother who had an intense hatred for him? Yes.

Lucas looked thoughtful for a minute before his eyes lit up.

"His girlfriend is a swimmer or a swim coach right?" I nod. "And you have an indoor pool?" I nod again. "What about a pool party?"

I thought about it, Aaron had been saying how much he wanted the use the pool more often but couldn't due to work and college, and I had never been in the pool yet. I knew the kids would be up for it. And afterwards just some of his close friends could stay over and we could watch movies and stuff.

"That's a great idea!" I exclaimed. We carried on chatting away until our food came, and then we carried on chatting again.

"I hope Lilly is doing ok. I haven't spoke to her since the incident but Phoebe says she just needs time to recover." I frowned.