Chapter 3

It was finally Friday. Everyday I'd spent my lunchtime with Aaron. We knew everything about each other. He was nearly 3 years older then me. He ran away when he was 3 because his mother neglected and abandoned him. His dad was always working 24/7. It sounded like my dad before he fell ill. He was now happily living with a foster family. I told him about my mother and how she left me but he freaked so I guessed it would be better to not tell him about my dad. I told him a bit about Grace.

I was making my way to last lesson when someone yanked on my elbow and dragged me into the girls bathroom. I turned around to see a short, fierce looking girl.

"Um. Can I help you?" I asked quietly.

Whatshername just stood there look at me, tapping her foot, hands on her hips.

"I didn't know nerds went after the hottest guy in school." she sneered. "You should stay away from Aaron. He's way out of your league, and," she pursed her lips. "You look too alike so people may think your dating your brother so listen here bitch, stay away from him alright Hun?" she plastered a fake smile on her cherry red lips.

"Uh sure?" I was slightly confused.

"Good!" she said in an overly chirpy tone and walked out the bathroom. Oh Erm okay. I'll have to watch out for whatshername from now on.

When I finally came out of the bathroom I had to run to next lesson. The late bell had rung 5 minutes ago.

Unfortunately I had p.e. now. Because I was so late Mr Marvin made me run an extra lap of the track. Good job I kept up my exercise or I wouldn't have coped.

When I rounded the last corner of the field I saw a familiar figure. One I hadn't seen in 5 years. I stopped in my tracks and stared at the figure. She had long chestnut hair and emerald green eyes.

"Mum?" I whispered. No it couldn't be her. I looked behind me then back to the front. Wait, where did she go? I was seeing things. I must be tired.

"Christie!" Mr Marvin's voice echoed throughout the field. "You can stop running now!" he shouted then walked off. I needed to go home anyway. I had some 'research' to do. Aaron asked me before if I wanted to hang out. But I politely declined. I changed back into my school clothes and walked home.

Once I showered and made myself some food I walked up to my parents bedroom. I hadn't been in there since my mother left. Opening the door I nearly choked on the amount of dust that hit my face. There were cobwebs covering the small window and the ceiling. Dust coated every centimetre of space.

I spent about half an hour looking around (after I told Mrs Holland I wouldn't be able to work) the bedroom until I came to a small wooden chest. Opening the top I nearly gasped at what lay in there. On top was an iPhone. With the charger. How could my parents afforded one of these? In the top lay a sticky note that read;

For you, Christie. It's the least I can do since I left you. Mum. X

My mum got me an iPhone. Pulling out the precious device I set it aside and continued to search through the chest. I pulled out an old envelope and emptied the contents. They were photographs. My dad, my mum and... No it couldn't be.

"Oh my god,"

_______________________________

Cliffhanger!! NBF means new best friend for those of you who didnt know. :)