Chapter 9

"But it's my turn to pick a film!" Katy hollered throughout the house.

"We don't want to watch some chick flick with a damsel in distressed princess! And then her knight in shining armour comes and saves her then they kiss and fall in love and bleugh!" George made a gagging noise from the back of his throat.

So yes. Here I was sitting in the cinema room of the Browns' household while the kids are trying to decide to watch a film. It was currently 5:37pm on a Saturday evening and I sat lolling about on the couch. This stuff was better then Eastenders. Not like I watch that.

"Guys why don't we do a rock paper scissors but no horror films if Aaron or George win." I suggested. Nicki gave me a side glance before turning back to the others and arguing. Great.

This series of morning's events took it's toll on me and I'm now paying the price. I got up at 7 o'clock on a Saturday morning so I could pack my things and get my apartment emptied. Of course I took my trusty microwave and supernoodles. I just left the fridge. I don't think that would have fit in my bag. I started my shift at 9 am and worked some overtime because I felt bad for all the times I've ran away from work. I worked until 4 pm serving the customers, taking Twinkie on his walk. You know the usual. Today I was glad though because I didn't try to get eaten by a rabid beast again.

Aaron picked me up from the library at 4:30 and took me back to my new house. (And my new family). I spent nearly half an hour then being bombarded by the kids with hugs and drawings and I don't even know what else. The girls wanted to spend some time with their 'new sister' and so did the boys so I decided we watched a movie together. Luckily for me at the time they agreed so we set to work deciding on what movie to watch.

And we were still trying to decide. Well they were I was quite happy on the couch watching the commotion in front of me unravel. Sighing I jumped up from the couch and crouched down next to George to see the long line of DVD's they had set out.

"I know what we can watch," I smiled evilly and walked to my bag. I pulled out a DVD Mrs Holland had let me rent out. I walked back to the kids purposely holding it behind my back so they couldn't see. Grinning like the Cheshire cat I pulled the DVD out from behind my back.

"Ta da! Problem solved my little minions!" I said and pulled Despicable Me 2 out from behind my back.

"OMG! I haven't seen this yet! I've heard it's so funny when the minions get shot by that jelly gun and the purple fuzzy minions! They turned evil because that man kid-minionnapped them all! Then that weird Mexican dude dances with Margo and-"

"Jeez sis! Chill down." George complained as he slapped his hand over Nicki's mouth. I gave him an apologetic look and a grateful nod because once that girl starts, she can't stop!

"Sorry." she said sheepishly when George finally released her. I rolled my eyes playfully and walked over to the DVD player on my knees and put it in. The screen cracked to life and the adverts came to the screen. I decided to make popcorn and get some drinks for throughout the room. Did I mention this house had it's own cinema room? Well it did. Along with a games room, indoor and outdoor swimming pools and also a tennis court at the end of the however many acre garden. I think, no I knew they were rich.

I walked into the kitchen and got a bag of corn out the cupboard. I placed it in the microwave for 2 minutes and waited for it to beep. For two minutes the most interesting thing in the room was the dust gathering on the blind like snowfall. I jumped when the timer went off and placed the popcorn in a bowl along with some capri suns and hopped back to the theatre room. I joined the couch with the girls snuggled up to me with a pink love hearty blanket thrown over the three of us. The guys were on the other sofa just acting chill.