Chapter 6

I woke up that morning with the sun shining on my face. Groaning I rolled over and fell off my matters with a yelp and a thump. Since when had my matters been three feet off the ground? Bleary eyed I looked around the unfamiliar room. I was in an unfamiliar house in an unfamiliar bed. Was I kidnapped?

My thoughts were cut off by a knock on the door. I quickly jumped back on the bed so it didn't look like I was being a freak when my kidnapper entered.

"Come in!" I called. I relaxed when little Nicki entered. Wait I stayed at Aaron's last night?

"Hi Christie! How was your sleep?" she asked excitedly while jumping onto my bed.

"Er yeh it was great." I mumbled.

Last night after we'd finished playing on the Wii we decided to watch some films. Halfway through the final film the girls crashed so me and George ended up carrying them to bed. His friend who was called Kieran went home soon after, after he finished hitting on me. George went to bed when the film had finished and I waited for Liz and Trent to come home. After that they showed me to the guest bedroom and told me I could stay the night.

"What time is it? Is Aaron home?" I asked the little kid.

"It's only 9 o'clock and Aaron isn't home yet." she answered wearing a frown on her face.

"Well I need to go to work, I could ask your mum if you want to join me."

"Yeah yeah!"

"Come on then speedy." I said while jumping off the bed and motioning with my finger for her to follow me.

Once I fed myself and Nicki, Liz gave me the thumbs up for me to take Nicki to work with me. She would pick her up from the library at 1. She also told me Aaron stayed at a friends house last night because it would take a few hours before his car would be fixed.

We arrived at the library at 10am exactly. Mrs Holland was happy I had brought a friend and gave Nicki her iPad to play on. I wish I was Nicki now.

"She's so cute!" I gushed. Nicki was playing a piano game with a frown on her face and her tongue stuck out slightly. Every time she would complete a level her face would noticeably brighten up.

"She is," Mrs Holland agreed while chuckling softly. "You can take her with you on your lunch break. Take Twinkie for a walk in the park." she said softly.

"okay thanks, I'll take her now. It's nearly 12 anyway." she nodded in agreement.

"Nice to see you've already met Twinkie." I said as I wandered over to Nicki and Twinkie. "Come on, we're taking him on a walk." holding out my hand for her to take, we walked out the library with Nicki holding onto the dog.

We entered the park and went to the playground with the swings and things. (hah that rhymes) We let Twinkie off the lead to have a run around while we had a swing and slide.

"so how did you and my brother find out you were siblings?" Nicki randomly asked from beside me.

"Well the first day I ran into him I noticed his eyes and how they were the same colour as mine. That was kind of a shock." I admitted. "I was pretty freaked out to be honest. Then he joined me for lunch and started asking me questions about my family. After that we just spent time getting to know each other and trying to avoid 4 foot jealous girls!" We laughed together at this then quickly sobered up when we heard a yelp coming from the end of the park.

"Quick! That sounded like Twinks!" Nicki all but shouted as she dragged me away from the swing.

Soon enough there was Twinkie being cornered by a growling fierce pitbull. Skidding to a stop I stared in horror as the angry beast closed the distance between it and my poor little Twinkie.