Chapter 2 of the sequel 'Precious Ties: The Gift'

**Okay so I'm making it easy for you...but after this chapter, you will definitely have to search for the new book to read the rest!**

Chapter 2: Ella's First Day

Finn woke up in his hospital ward with a smile. His wound ached but his heart was happy. Laura had spent every available moment of her day with him. Her mother had brought Cayden to the hospital for feeds and even though Finn was feeling quite high on a cocktail of heavy duty pain meds, he made the most of the time with the little boy who had captured his heart.

Laura and Finn had enjoyed updates from Logan and Rory and couldn't wait to meet the beautiful Ella! The photos were great but they both looked forward to meeting her in person. Laura planned to visit once she felt she could leave Finn, while he would have to wait until the next day when he was to be transferred to Kareena Private hospital for recovery and physiotherapy.  He was pleased about that because he would be able to see Rory and the baby whenever he wanted!

"I really appreciate you being here with me Laura...." Finn said still groggy but looking irresistible to Laura.

"I wouldn't be anywhere else Finn!" Laura replied squeezing his hand gently, "I'm just making sure they are looking after you properly...you're our hero!"

"I wouldn't go that far!" Finn objected, "I was probably a bit too enthusiastic....maybe I have watched too many James Bond movies only my manoeuvre didn't quite work out as it should ...."

"You'd make an excellent 007 Finn!" Laura said smiling, "It's just how it worked out...and I know that Rory was glad to be able to get to the hospital to give birth...I was scared of what Odette might do although I was trying not to show it to Rory. I was afraid that Cayden could end up an orphan!"

"I wouldn't have let that happen Laura...I'm so sorry you had to have such a bad experience...but it's all over now....Rory is fine and I'll do everything I can to make sure you are always safe!"

"Let's get you well first 007...you look very tired..." Laura observed.

"Yeah I am....so I'll be fine if you want to go to visit Rory now.... I'll just have a sleep," Finn said yawning.

"Okay...that might be a good idea..." Laura agreed, "Then I'll have to go home and relieve Mum. I might bring Cayden in this evening depending on how he is...I don't know whether he has had enough sleep today..."

"No worries Love," Finn said, his eyes looking heavy, "I'll be fine...my family will probably be visiting....give Rory my love..."

Laura bent over to kiss Finn on the forehead and as she pulled away, he pulled her back down for a proper kiss. It took her by surprise as he was so drowsy and she did wonder how much of it he would remember once the pain meds wore off.

"I love you Laura ..." Finn whispered as he drifted off to sleep.

"I love you too Finn..." Laura said, gently tracing his lips with her finger and thinking how wonderful that kiss was.

*******************************************************

Lorelai opened her eyes not sure of where she was or what time of day it was. She had slept for several hours and felt a little better until she suddenly recalled her last thoughts before she fell asleep. Her heart began to beat fast and she sat up in bed, grabbing her phone and googling 'can you get pregnant naturally at 49'.

"I'm probably not pregnant ...it's so unlikely...Paris already checked things out and she said it was probably too late......that's why she was suggesting a surrogate.....no I'm probably just menopausal..." Lorelai reasoned. "I just need to have a shower and get back to the hospital...I'm a grandmother...I have left it too late for having another baby!"