Chapter 55: The Ceremony

**Get ready to take your seat at Rory and Logan's wedding! Hope you enjoy it - I haven't left anything out so you will be able to picture every moment!**

The whole world seemed to stop turning as Logan willed his legs to take a step toward his bride. Luke took Rory's hand and placed it in Logan's as the guests cheered and applauded. Tears were flowing all around and even Dave, the officiating pastor stood there, swallowing hard before he began to speak. Rory was trembling with sheer delight to once again be able to stand and look Logan in the eye. She was astonished at how devastatingly handsome her man looked, standing there in his white shirt and new black tuxedo accented with an Australian floral buttonhole. Logan's face shone as he became completely enraptured by the timeless elegance and beauty of the woman before him. Her image was far more ravishing than his imagination had allowed him to create back at the hospital, so he didn't even notice his muscles working hard to hold him up.

A large crowd of beach goers had gathered around at a distance, drawn in by the moving music. They now stood expectantly, hoping to somehow share in the happiest moments of this unknown couple, so obviously in love.

"Dear friends and family, we have gathered together with great affection for Rory and Logan, to witness and bless their union in marriage today." Dave began.

"Would you all join me in prayer.........God, we thank you for the joy of this occasion and your amazing love which has brought us together on such a glorious day. We thank you for the significance of this wedding day —such an important moment in Rory and Logan's ever growing relationship. Thank you for your presence here, with family and friends and always. In Jesus' name,  Amen.

"To this special moment, Rory and Logan bring the fullness of their hearts, to freely share with one another. They bring the dreams which bind them together in an eternal commitment. They bring their gifts and talents, their unique personalities and spirits, which God will unite into one being as they build their life together. We rejoice with them in thankfulness to the Lord for creating this union of hearts, built on friendship, respect, and love.

"You may now be seated." Dave said looking to the guests, then asked,  "Who presents this woman and this man to be married to each other?"

Lorelai, Luke, Christopher, Shira and Mitchum all stood together and in unison said, "We do."

"Laura will now read to us a passage on love from 1 Corinthians 13 in the Bible."

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

"Thank you Laura! The love spoken of in this passage sounds hard to achieve but
remember that you don't walk this path alone. With God at the centre of your marriage, anything is possible! Don't be afraid to reach out to him and to others if you face difficulty. Remember that underneath us, around us all, are the outstretched arms of the Lord. It is into his hands that we commit this union of husband and wife."

Rory and Logan hadn't stopped smiling! Their passion for each other transfixed all who watched. Staring into each other's eyes, they listened as Dave continued.

"Rory and Logan, you have made a very serious and important decision in choosing to marry each other today. You are entering into a sacred covenant as life partners in God. The quality of your marriage will reflect what you put into nurturing this relationship. You have the opportunity to go forward from this day to create a faithful, kind and tender relationship.