29

This chapter is unedited and it's going to need some major editing later lol but I wanted to get it up for you guys so I'll come back to it later!

It's not that long but I have school in 4 hours so I need to sleep. Enjoy and leave your thoughts in the comments!

* * * * * * * * *

I truly hated people.

It was the conclusion I have come to after working at the restaurant for a few weeks now, and especially after the shitty day I've had. I was forced to come in for the morning shift and even though I was supposed to be off by two, my boss asked me to stay until six to cover one of the other server's shift when he called out sick. It was now barely four and I was sick of dealing with all the rude and snobby customers that have come in over the past several hours. It was getting more difficult to keep my mouth shut and remaining professional the more tired I got. My feet were killing me too and I was positive I was starting to get sick from how shitty I was feeling. I could not wait to get home.

I sighed in trepidation when I heard the front door of the restaurant opening, knowing it was my turn to be sat. I poked my head around the corner to see how many customers the hostess was going to sit me only to see the back of a boy who looked to be alone. Well, at least it isn't a big party. Anything less then three was pretty simple.

Turning around, I moved to the chips and salsa station and placed both on my small tray after filling them both up and walked back out to the restaurant. I headed to my section and up to the table the hostess sat me to see the top of the boy's head, due to the menu he was looking intently at covering his face. I stopped when I reached his table and placed the chips and salsa in the middle, opening my mouth to give the same introduction I use with all my tables when I came to a halt when the the menu was placed back on the table, revealing the boys face.

"Chase?" My eyes widened in shock and his face reflected mine before he smiled at me warmly.

"Avriella," He said in greeting and he tilted his head. "I didn't know you worked here."

"Yeah, for a few weeks now." I smiled back at him, briefly taking in his trimmed hair. No wonder I didn't recognize him. "Your hair is different."

"Yeah, I needed a change." He shrugged and leant back, throwing his arm over the back of the booth. "How are you? I haven't seen you since the Halloween party."

I blush profusely at the mention of the party, remembering how we danced and how close I was to going upstairs with him. Who knows how far I would of gone with him. "Er, yeah, I'm good!" I respond awkwardly and cough when my voice comes out to high pitched. "What about you? How are you doing?"

"Okay, just focusing on school." He shrugged, and looked over me curiously. "You disappeared at the party after you took off with your friend."

My face got even hotter and I looked away, glancing at the next table over before shifting uncomfortably. "Yeah, I'm sorry. Something came up."

"It's alright," he sounded genuine and I looked back to see him grinning at me. "I was just bummed I didn't get to spend more time with you. You're a cool person."

"Thanks, Chase." I grinned. "You're cool too."

He chuckled, skimming over the menu once before pointing at something random. "I'll have that please."

Bending down slightly to get a better look, I read what he pointed at and raised my eyebrows. "The bacon wrapped shrimp?" He made a face and I laughed. "You don't like shrimp, do you?"