24

I didn't recognize myself.

Looking at the mirror, at the plump pink nude colored lips, heavy eyelashes, and curled hair that stopped below my ears, I couldn't believe the girl staring right back was me. Disbelief was etched on my face at seeing the results of Lila and Jess both working on me
for over an hour and half now. They hadn't told me what they were dressing me as; I know I agreed to be sexed up but I didn't mean literally turning me into one of the most iconic sex symbols in history.

"God damn, I'm good." Zen mumbles behind me, her eyes staring at me through the reflection before she leaves the room.

"I'm-,"

"Marilyn Monroe." Jess finishes and sighs. "You truly look like her."

"Why do you even have this?" I ask, pushing the thin see through coverup that was tied loosely at my waist to the side. Fingering the strap of the old fashioned silk bra, I arched my eyebrow at Jess.

"I wanted to dress as her one year for Halloween but I can't pull it off." She shrugged and crossed her arms. "You on the other hand, rock it."

I press my lips together and steal another glance in the mirror at myself. The high-waisted shorts are way too short and I'm showing way more skin than I'm comfortable with. "It seems a bit much, don't you think?"

"Hell no!" I hear Zendaya screech and she comes back into the room with her cop costume only half on. It's bunched at her waist and she gives me a look of warning as she slips his arms through the rest of it. "All that eye makeup will not go to waste. Not to mention, Jess worked hard on your hair."

"It's true, I did." She briefly fluffs it and I reach up to touch a curl curiously but she swats my hand away. "Do not. This shit took time."

"How'd you make it so short?" I ask in wonderment when my fingers graze the ends of my hair.

"I pulled your hair into a pony tail then tucked that baby up. Why do you think you've got so much volume?"

"Creative." I say in amusement and laugh, shaking my head before moving to go put shoes on. Zendaya wanted me to wear heels but there was only so far I'd go. I wasn't going to kill myself walking around in pain at this party. Knowing Zendaya had a pair of white Keds sneakers in her closet, I dug through it until I found them in the back. Taking them with me, I headed towards my room and pulled out a pair of short ankles socks before putting the shoes on. Once I was done, I stood up and sighed, grabbing my phone that I'd left charging and tucking it into my back pocket before walking out of my room.

Sam was sitting on the couch, holding a small mirror up to her face as she applied a layer of lipstick. She was fully dressed in her school girl costume, the bows on her high stockings becoming visible as I rounded the couch. Her eyes slid to me and they widened. "Oh fuck me, you're my ultimate girl crush!"

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

Zendaya's booming laughter fills the room as she hops into it, balancing on one foot as she slipped one ankle black boot on. "Marilyn Monroe is Sam's girl crush."

"AKA, you, for the night." Sam winks and I blink at her before bursting into laughter when she continues to flirt with me. Oh Niall would have a field day if he could see this right now.

"Ready!" Jess comes into the room with her makeup finished and I shake my head in disbelief. She'd been doing my hair this entire time and she barely started her makeup minutes ago. Now, it was perfectly intact and looked as if she'd spent hours perfecting it. That was talent.

"Same." I'm not really surprised to find Zendaya also one hundred percent ready. The only one who took their time was Sam, which was understandable considering she does take about three hours to get ready on a daily basis.