27

Standing there, shell shocked at the fact that Harry and I have just been caught by Zendaya brought on a sense of familiarity. Unable to move from my frozen state, I was suddenly reminded of the time I'd walked in on Zack screwing my cousin. It was like witnessing a car crash and yet, I was incapable of looking away. It'd taken me a full minute to process what I was seeing until I'd snapped and screamed at them for their betrayal. Even though I felt just as shocked as I had then, I couldn't find it in my to speak this time around. The way Zen was looking at Harry and I was making me want to high tail it out of my own room but Zen was currently blocking the exit.

"Av? Harry? Do one of you want to explain what the hell I just walked in on because I'm pretty sure I just saw you two kiss." Zen said, eyes flying between us. My voice still hadn't returned but I broke free from my immobile state, lifting my shaking hand to run it through my hair. I breathed out of my mouth, risking a glance at Harry to see he looked completely unaffected over being caught. He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Chill, Zen. It's not a big deal."

"Zen?" Her eyebrows shot up in surprise, eyes meeting mine but I quickly looked away. "Only Avriella calls me that. How much time have you guys been spending together exactly?" She paused and then gasped. "Wait, are you dating?"

"No!" I protested without thought, ignoring the way I could see Harry staring at me out of the side of my eye. "It isn't like that."

"But you were kissing," she pointed out and then, her hands that were resting on her hips fell to her sides. "Oh god. Don't tell me you're just screwing each other."

"We're friends," Harry commented and shrugged. "Who often fuck."

I winced at Harry's choice of words and Zen's eyes widened even more. "You're fuck buddies?"
She was speaking again before I could answer. "How long has this been going on? Does anyone else know?"

"I-," it seemed I'd ran out of lies to tell her and sensing I was about to try and tell her another, she arched her eyebrow and crossed her arms. I dropped my shoulders in defeat. "Awhile. He was the guy I had a one night stand with. And-, Jess found out last night."

Her mouth dropped, brown eyes holding various emotions that were too hard to pinpoint. Though one of them I caught, was anger. "So, you lied about who your one night stand was?"

"Well, would you really call it lying if all she did was withhold the information?" I rolled my eyes reflexively at Harry's poor attempt to defend me, shooting him a stern look to keep his mouth shut.

"I didn't know how to tell you," I told her, pressing my lips together before continuing. "I know he's your best friend and wasn't sure if you'd be okay with it or not. I mean, clearly you're mad right now." I waved my hand towards her, knowing what I said might just make her angrier if anything but it was the truth.

"I'm not mad because you're screwing each other. I'm mad you kept it from me. We're best friends, we're supposed to tell each other everything." Guilt consumed me when her voice grew soft and I looked away, her expression only adding on to how horrible I already felt. "That goes to you too, Harry."

"I wanted to tell you-," he began and I felt my blood run cold, expecting him to throw me under the bus by telling her it was me that didn't want to tell her. "But I...well yeah, I didn't know how to tell you either. I know how protective you are of her."

"You're right, I am protective of her." She confirmed, eyes narrowing slightly when she looked from Harry to me. "Which is why, I don't really think this is a good idea. But whatever, it's your life. I can't tell you what to do."