10

The weekend passed quickly and I managed to spend most of it with Zendaya binge watching the show New Girl on Netflix. When I wasn't sitting there watching the humorous lives of Jess and her roommates, I used my time to finish my self-portrait for my art class. I kept going back and filling in lines or drawing over areas I was still unsatisfied with, my lips and eyes being the main two things I could never get right. Ever since Harry had pointed out how "wrong" I had gotten them, I found myself standing in front of the mirror and switching off between looking at my reflection and my drawing. I couldn't see what he did and it was beyond frustrating that no matter how many times I tried to fix it, it never came out right. What was on my paper was what I saw. But even then, it didn't seem perfect enough.

Which was why I now sat in English class, with my project unrolled and laying flatly over my desk. Lips pursed and eyebrows furrowed as my hand itched to fix the drawing again, despite the fact it was due next class. Maybe If I just shaded the lips in a little more and added more light to my eyes?

"Is that you?"

I'm torn out of my concentration when the Irish accented voice fills my ears and I look up, my gaze settling on Niall's blonde hair as he bent his head over my desk. His body was turned sideways as he leant his elbow against the edge of my desk, blue eyes inspecting my drawing with his mouth slightly agape.

Realizing he had asked me a question, I respond cautiously, unsure if the look on his face meant he thought it was good or not. "Yes..."

"Wow," He said and reached to touch the paper, turning it so he wasn't looking at it upside down. "This is really good." He comments with a smile, but then his eyebrows pinch together slightly. "You look kind of sad in it though."

I feel myself deflate as Harry's words echo in the back of my head. The eyes are too dull. I bite my lip and shrug, lightly pulling the drawing out of his hand and rolling it back up. "Weird." Is all I say before I stuff the rolled up drawing in the side of my bag, leaning my elbows against my desk afterwards. I look around the class to see everyone talking with their groups for the class assignment we were to do and luckily, we finished minutes ago so now we were just killing time. "Did you turn in the assignment?"

"I did," Louis says from his spot in the desk across from Niall. "Hopefully we got all the answers right."

"Course we did, you guys have me." I grin and Louis rolls his eyes.

"Shouldn't have told you you're really smart, I seemed to have stroked your ego too much."

I laugh. "You didn't. It's just nice when someone notices I'm good at something."

"Well, apparently Mr. Wood's notices too." Niall says and I shift my gaze to him only to follow his line of vision to the front of the class. My breath falters momentarily when I do, finding that Mr. Woods was watching me from the front of the class with a sheet of paper in his hand. An easy smile graced his face the moment he caught my eye and I automatically looked away, my cheeks burning profusely.

"You're blushing." Louis points out and I send him a glare, subtly trying to press my cold palms against my cheek.

"Shut up, no I'm not."

"Yes you are," Niall agrees and raises an eyebrow. "You're totally crushin' on him."

"I'm not." I whisper sharply.

"It's kind of creepy how he watches you," Louis comments, his gaze still on the front of the class before he turns back to face me. "Actually I would say it's inappropriate for a teacher to be looking at a student that way."

"He isn't looking at me in any way, you guys are exaggerating." I roll my eyes and wave them off. "Now let's stop talking about it."

"Why? Are you getting all flustered at the possibility?" He wiggles his eyebrows and I stare back at him blankly.