38

The train ride to Scarsdale took a little over three hours for me to arrive to Harry's hometown. The relief I felt when the train slowed to pull up to the platform was immediate and I stood, stretching my arms over my head. The ride hadn't been too bad, and I'd sit through it again if it meant I could avoid my dad driving me here. When I mentioned I was leaving early to come visit Harry, he wasn't too happy and had been against me leaving the family early. I guess my mom felt guilty for everything that went down with Karley, because she was able to talk my dad into being okay with me coming. Though, after he said he wanted to drive me here himself, that had started a whole other argument. It took a lot of convincing, but he relented when I pointed out it would take over an hour to get here by car, and another back. It seemed the very picnic I wanted to avoid, saved me from an awkward introduction between Harry and my dad.

I hike my duffel bag higher on my shoulder as I make my way through the station. I'd texted Harry before my stop to let him know I was minutes away from reaching my destination. His reply was immediate to let me know he was already waiting for me in the parking lot right off of the ramp. I feel nerves gathering at the thought of seeing him again, even though it's only been a short number of days since we last saw each other. I feel giddy, and slightly nervous. I don't know if that's something I should worry about but I'm too busy with these feelings to over analyze them.

As I round the corner of the station and into the lot, I'm momentarily distracted by the old buildings that surround the street. It reminded me of old German architecture that it almost felt as if I were in a whole different country as opposed to New York. My home town wasn't a poor neighborhood but in comparison to this...it was dull.

"Avri."

My head turns so fast at the sound of my name I think I may have given myself whiplash. Eyes darting briefly around the lot, they catch on Harry standing on the sidewalk just feet away. He grins wide when we make eye contact, his hands buried into the pockets of his dark blue jeans. The sweatshirt under his coat clings to his pecs and I can't stop myself from flinging myself at him once I'm close enough. His scent-, vanilla, amber, and something just pure masculine engulfs my nostrils. I inhale like a freak, arms tightening around his shoulders as he lifts me off the ground, chest rumbling in a deep chuckle.

"Are you smelling me?"

"You always smell good. I missed it."

"I missed you." His voice is gentle and low, deep in my ear. I feel his lips graze my neck before he lightly kisses me there. Turning my head, I meet his gaze and match the grin on his lips.

"I missed you too."

He leans in and presses a long kiss to my lips, arms around my waist hugging me to him so tight I don't think it's possible for me to get any closer. He tastes like mint and cookies, that a moan involuntarily slips from me and he laughs against my mouth. I pull back with a glare before he sets me back on my feet, arms still holding me to him. I play with the curls at the nape of his neck that peek out of the faded pink beanie on his head.

"Maybe we should save that for later." He says and I laugh, playfully punching his shoulder before bending to pick up my bag I dropped on the floor. Harry takes my bag from me, swinging the strap over his shoulder and intertwining his fingers with mine. "How was the train ride?"

"Long, but uneventful. I was reading a book on my phone and listening to music."

"Yeah? What book?"

I blush hard as I follow him to the car and look at the buildings as we pass them. "Just a fanfic."

"Why are you blushing about it?"