06

An hour and half later we're waiting for the bill to be delivered to our table. My stomach was full with the half eaten cheeseburger, my lips now wrapped around the straw of my drink as I sipped on my coke quietly. Various conversations filled the table but I had sat there, merely observing and keeping to myself. I didn't particularly feel like talking after what happened with Harry. I didn't like the way I felt when he was so close to me or how his eyes that kept lingering on me from across the table, made me shift in my seat every few seconds. It was unnerving.

The bill thankfully came a few minutes later, and before my hand could reach for it, Liam stretched his arm across the table and snatched it up. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow as he pulled out his wallet and handed his card to the waitress quickly.

"Liam!" Zendaya said when Liam shooed the waitress away before any of us could protest.

"What?" He looked over at her with a grin, eyes crinkling in the corners.

"You didn't have to do that, we could have paid for ourselves." Sam said before Zen could answer. Jess and I nodded in agreement while Zayn sat back with his arm thrown behind the booth, looking as if he had expected this. Harry just rolled his eyes.

"It's no big deal. My treat." He shrugged and I watched as Zen smiled at him, shaking her head before reaching for her water. Liam stared at her a moment too long and I was reminded of the secret Harry had shared with me. My lips twitched into a small smile and I quickly sipped my drink again to hide it, my eyes automatically flickering to Harry to see him smirking at Liam. As if feeling my gaze, he looks at me and his eyebrow arches in question. He winks at me when I arch mine back and it's then my closed lip grin drops before I look away.

The waitress comes back to return Liam's card, thanking us for coming before walking away. I slide out of the booth first, followed by Zen and Liam. Everyone began to exchange goodbyes, hugging one another while I completely avoided Harry. After I said bye to everyone but him I stood to the side, awkwardly shifting from foot to foot when I caught Harry's eye and he gave me a subtle nod towards the door. I had to come up with an excuse to not leave with Zendaya and the girls, my mind turning quickly to come up with one. I bite my lip hard, catching Harry glance at me once more before moving toward the door. He leaves, Zayn following right behind him and I'm left with Liam, Zendaya, Sam, and Jess.

"Want to come over and hangout with us?" I hear Zendaya ask Liam.

"Sure."

"Okay, lets go." Zendaya says to us, Liam throwing his arm around her shoulder.

"Actually..."I pause, thinking up the first excuse I can think of. "I think I'm going to walk to campus. I remembered my art teacher has office hours right now and I want her opinion on my idea for the new project she assigned us."

"Right now?" Her eyebrows drew together, a frown on her lips. I had never lied to her before that one lie I told her about who the guy I slept with really was. I felt horrible doing it and yet here I was, telling her another one. I hated it, but I was sure if she knew where I was really going and found out why my shoes were there in the first place, she'd be pissed.

"Yeah. I've got to start on it right away so might as well." I shrug as if it's not a big deal. She stared at me for a moment, eyes studying my demeanor and I force myself to act normal. She seems to buy it because the next thing I know she's shrugging her shoulder.

"Well okay, but you sure you don't want a ride there? It's dark out now. I'm not too comfortable letting you walk alone at night."

I wave her off. "I'll be fine."