09

Gabriella Wilde plays Karley.

Enjoy!

* * * * * * *

Some people would say it's always best to take the high road. I've always agreed with this, believing it was best to just walk away instead of participating in a fight that someone is stirring up. Or looking the other way when someone is talking behind your back, knowing it will only make it worse if you confront them. Because battles need to be picked wisely, so I understood 'taking the high road'. That's exactly what I did when I found out my cousin had been screwing my boyfriend at the time. I might have screamed a little bit and made it clear I wanted them out of my life, but I refrained from punching them both square in the face. Even if they deserved it.

I might have been mature enough not to get violent, but I wasn't the kind of person to hide my dislike towards someone. I didn't believe in killing them with kindness. If I didn't like you, you sure as hell were going to know it.

Which is why as I stood there, clutching Harry's arm and watching Karley's lips move with my name leaving her mouth, I said the very first thing that came to mind when I saw her and Zack.

"Ew."

Karley's eyes widened when the short word left my mouth and her cheeks flushed red in embarrassment. I don't think Zack heard me, he was too busy staring at the arm Harry had wrapped around my waist to support my weight. Reminding me of it, I shifted on my feet a little to take some of my weight off of him but he still held me up.

"It's so good to see you." Karley says, choosing to ignore what I had said before. I furrow my eyebrows at her and snort, shaking my head.

"Well it's not good to see you." I tell her honestly. "What are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be home?" I ask her. She was a year younger than me and my aunt and uncle were very strict about her going out. Which is why it was miraculous to me how her and Zack managed to sneak around behind my back.

"My parents are out." Is all she says and it's enough to let me know she's sneaking around behind their back as well. I cluck my tongue and her face reddens more, probably thinking I'm going to go rat her out. I wasn't going to, I was no tattle. Her lies would catch up to her eventually; they always do.

Zack takes the opportunity to skate around her until he's standing directly in front of Harry and I. His gaze shifts from Harry and then down to me, but I divert my gaze from him. "Hey man, I'm Zack." I hear him say and look back at him to see he's holding an outstretched hand towards Harry. I'm practically glaring at it and Harry glances down at me briefly before turning his gaze to Zack. He takes his hand and shakes it firmly once.

"Harry."

Zack nods and again, his gaze flickers between the both of us. Gray eyes moving down to the arm Harry still had around me. His eyebrows furrow but before he can say anything else, Karley turns her attention towards Harry. I watch as her eyes flickered over him, widening and pupils dialating with attraction. She holds a hand out and smiles up at him the same way she had smiled at Zack when I first introduced him to her. "Hi, I'm Karley. Avy's cousin."

I cringe at the old nickname, silently cursing her for calling me it when she knew very well how much I despised it. Harry shakes her hand with something close to reluctance but I do happen to catch his eyes sweeping over her once. No doubt he found her attractive as well. And she was, I wasn't going to deny it. With her long blonde mermaid hair, large doe blue eyes, thin frame, and long toned legs, she was model worthy. The complete opposite of my short subtle curvy frame. Sometimes I wondered if we really were related but if we stood next to each other, like we did now, our exact shade of blonde hair and the set of our noses showed that we were.