Epilogue

Epilogue

She watched with a fond gaze, knowing that she had been given a second chance, at the little girl who laughed and giggled with a little boy.

But these weren't average children, oh no, they were halflings. Both the little girl and boy had taken their fathers' side of the gene pool.

The little girl was more angel while the boy more demon, incubus. They shared different mother's and father's. Father's and mother's who had been raised very differently.

The little girl rushed up to her mother and gave her a huge hug and sat on the ground, the boy settling beside her.

"Mother, tell us a story!" she demanded and the mother chuckled, her friend beside her giving her own giggle.

"Well, I think you're old enough to know about our history," she murmured. The children knew the truth, they weren't humans despite not coming into their powers until later and nor were their parents.

"Oh yes! please!" the girl said with such excitement and gave wide eyes that were focused on her mother.

The mother laughed again and sucked in a breath. "Very well."

"Things," she waved her hand around at the mingeling angels and demons chatting happily and interacting with peaceful ease. "were not always this way. They had once been separate. The angels with the angels and other half-breeds and the demons with the demons and half-breeds."

"But why?! That's just stupid!" The boy piped up and the women next to the little girl's mother gave him a hard look and told him to "hush!"

The little girl's mother smiled knowingly and nodded her head in agreement with the little boy. "It was, indeed. But the leaders at that time believed it best despite them being friends themselves. They thought a war would break out if their subjects ever knew and so they kept their friendship a secret."

The mother paused, allowing their minds to take in the tale she told, though it was no tale...she had lived through the melding of angels and demons.

She opened her mouth to speak again when a voice spoke over her. "Telling them tales, Syra, my love."

"Daddy, hush! Mommy was just getting to the good part!" the little girl hushed her father.

The man laughed and his love murmured, "Why don't you sit, Bast, and help add to the tale?"

"As you wish, Syra. Scoot over, Areah, or sit in Daddy's lap," Sebastian said, sinking onto the ground as the girl scrambled into his lap.

"Will you continue now?!" the little boy spoke up, rather rudely.

"Caine, I thought I taught you to be more respectful than that," another deep voice said.

"Sorry, Dad," Caine, the little boy, murmured, looking at the ground dejectedly.

"Oh don't be so harsh, Blane, why don't you join us," the lady next to Syra murmured.

"Ren, I don't know..." Blane said, eyeing his son playfully.

"Please? You could add things too," Ren said and Caine's eyes lit up as he patted the ground for his father to sit by him.

Blane laughed and sank down.

"Okay, now let's continue," Syra said, a smile forming back on her face.

She told her tale, from the very beginning to meeting Sebastian, though she made them be a "succubus and alabaster" in her tale, and told of the succubus' reluctance to love and how she lost a child. She recalled everything, all the way until her almost death and then how after Dante had fallen with Zelina, including the succubus' evil mother and sister and then their world became one. Demons and angels could go to any plane and be friends.

Throughout the tale, Ren, Blane and Sebastian added little things to the tale and their children sucked up the information with bright, intelligent eyes.

The world had never changed so greatly for the better. Syra would've never made it if not for Sebastian's undying love and the shoulders of her friends.