19. Zelina

19. Zelina

"I used to.. but since sleeping with you I don't need to. It's like I can feed from you too," Sebastian's pale face murmured.

"I-I thought I'd have more time to tell you this," he glanced towards the door before continuing. "but we're meeting with Zelina...now, apparently."

Syra's stomach turned, her mind skipping over his explanation of the light bottles. Meeting the angel queen was not what she wanted to do, in fact, she didn't even want to be here -- on Era.

"Why do I have to meet her?"

"Because Zelina wants to meet the succubus I fought hard to keep here and be protected by," He murmured and moved down the hallway to the door -- which was rather plain in comparison to the rest of the flat.

Why did you fight to keep me here?

Syra realized it was like asking why he'd chose her and she couldn't bring herself to ask since it probably had to do with his love for her.

The door opened then and Syra would've sworn the man standing there was just that -- a very attractive man, but that image was ruined because of the magnificent, glowing, white wings attached to his back.

The angel's brilliant blue eyes settled on Syra with more than mild disgust. His eyes burned with hatred and Syra almost took a step back, but Sebastian kept her there and steady with a hand to her back.

"Zelina wishes to speak and meet the...succubus." The angel's lip curled with revulsion around the word 'succubus', but he held his arm out politely.

Sebastian moved forward with Syra, but the angel's hand came in front of him. "Roy, what are you doing?"

"I said succubus, not you alabaster," Roy spit the name 'alabaster' with just about as much disgust as succubus, but it had still been less so.

Apparently Sebastian was an outcast now too, either that or alabasters weren't treated as highly as an angel here -- Syra didn't know.

She did know her stomach was doing more than churning now. She had been slightly hopeful Sebastian was coming with her and she even had felt slightly better, but now that Roy made it quite clear only she was going to meet Zelina she feared she might pass out.

Syra glanced at Sebastian admittedly wanting reassurance; his jaw was tight with tension and a muscle ticked there that Syra wanted to kiss away as his jade eyes met hers.

Sebastian's eyes softened and he nodded at her and nudged her to Roy. Roy latched onto her arm with a firmness and they began walking away.

It was when the door to her and Sebastian's flat door closed that, Roy was far rougher than Syra would've suspected from an angel. His grip became bruising and he took long, swift strides that left her stumbling and him dragging her. They walked down the hall, round a corner and turned down a huge hallway that led to giant doors -- the whole way Syra was drug.

The doors were guarded by more angels who sneered at Syra, but opened the doors on Roy's request.

The chamber was open and bright, but the walls and rug leading to a large, white throne were sky blue. Nothing else sat in the large throne room aside from Zelina and her assistant, Syra assumed.

Roy yanked her forward, following the blue stretch of a rug and right up to Zelina.

Syra gaped in awe at the beautiful queen. She had an innocent yet sultry aura about her and the looks that matched. Zelina was dressed in a flawless dark purple dress that stretched to the floor and matched well with her chocolate brown hair and leaf green eyes. A smirk curved her lips, but the green in her eyes was hardened, showing the disgust she didn't project.