10. Urges

10. Urges

Ren's soft giggles were both a comfort and a turn on for Syra as they shopped their way through the stores that lined downtown Los Angeles.

They had bought quite a few things at a handmade indian shop while Syra told Ren a few things of what she could about herself and Ren blabbered on about herself. The things they bought included sparkling jewelry, dyed dresses, shirts and a few large woven bags as well as a couple boxes of incense.

One could never have too much incense, that was what Syra had missed about being in the Abyss; everything smelt like delicious incense.

Even if it was only to cover up the...other stenches.

Ren yanked on Syra's wrist, bringing her to a stop in front of an oriental restaurant. She tugged her inside, squealing gleefully and making Syra chuckle.

A hostess greeted them and showed them to a table within seconds considering the restaurant was practically empty.

They sat in a little corner, lit by a small, hanging lamp and began to talk.

"So what do you do for a career or job?" Ren asked, honey eyes filled with curiosity as they watched Syra.

Shit, this was one thing Syra had avoided talking about all together. She had distracted Ren with a bunch of other topics and asked questions about her life.

Syra shifted nervously as she answered, "Uh, I don't really like to talk about it."

Syra felt Ren's eyes bore into her for a second before shifting away. "Okay, well what do you want to order?"

Ren had shifted the subject smoothly and had allowed Syra her privacy.. It made Syra feel more towards Ren.

Syra flashed a timid smile and murmured, "Why don't you pick for me? I haven't been here and I'm not sure what's good."

Ren's face changed from happy to extremely excited. "Oh my god! You have to try their tofu soup, it's soooo good!"

Syra grinned then, nodding her head as Ren began to pick out things for her to eat, jabbering about how much Syra would like them.

**

And like them she did. Ren had ordered Syra a bowl of hot tofu soup and California sushi rolls, along with fresh, herbal tea. Ren had ordered the same and watched Syra's expressions as she tried the foods with an excited grin on her face.

Ren giggled whenever Syra had found she liked each food, a slow, happy grin appearing on Syra's face.

Now as they finished up their teas, Ren was boasting about how she told Syra she would love it and Syra felt something she hadn't in awhile throughout her enjoyment with Ren.

Urges.

It wasn't as faint as earlier, this time it was a small fire poking Syra in her belly.

She groaned, that fire would only grow from now. She would have to leave and soon.

"Ren, this has been fun. I'm glad I came back and told you about myself. I plan to stay in touch, but I've got to go. Thanks for lunch." Syra smiled and stood up, grabbing her bags from the day's worth of shopping.

"I'm glad too, Syra. Please, stay in touch." Ren waved her goodbye and began a small conversation with the waitress as she paid the bill.

Syra on the other hand didn't have time for idle conversations, the fiery Urges in her lower belly were burning brighter.