38. Trial

38. Trial

No one had objected to her continuing with her plans and as they wound their way to the staircase, they encountered no more problems.

Syra paused before the first step and turned to gaze at everyone. "Are you all sur-"

Her question was cut off as a shriek of, not terror, but anger wailed through the second floor, echoing everywhere.

Guess that's answer enough, was her thought as she gazed past them to see a succubus with angered eyes step out of the playroom that held the dead incubus.

"Time to go," she murmured and made hast up the spiral steps. They reached top in seconds, hearing another shriek and Syra shoved Blane at the door.

"Get ready," she whispered to the others as she drew her blades from her boots.

The others nodded and gripped hold of their own weapons.

Blane knocked at the door, rather hurriedly as another screech and the sound of footsteps on the staircase rang out.

The door opened and there stood Chitoma in all her naked glory.

She raised an eyebrow and leaned rather relaxed on the door. "Can I help you Blane?"

"Oh yes, you can." Blane shot forward and slammed Chitoma's head against the door. She had time only to let out a gasp and then she slipped down the door, unconscious.

Blane grabbed her and hauled her inside, Sebastian closed the door behind the rest of us, locking it.

This was all to easy, Syra knew it was. Something was going to happen, she was sure, but yet... she couldn't be bothered, she only saw her revenge.

They wove through the flat, directly towards Dante's massive throne room, where he had râped her.

Syra shivered, but was brought to a halt by Blane.

"What of the succubi in there with him?" Blane asked, worry on his face.

Syra glanced around at the others, Ren's face was tight with stress and Sebastian's face was dark and blank.

"Isn't there another way in?"

Blane shook his head.

"Then we face them all."

"We'll die, Syra," Sebastian rumbled, eyes softening.

"You don't have to, you can leave now. But I have to try... I have to."

Syra turned then, not sparing anyone a glance and burst through the throne doors. Again, she was greeted by the sounds of sexual acts, and Dante's rough voice crying out in pleasure.

No one looked up, not until the others came in. Then all was silent which was very different than before.

"What are you doing here?" a voice rumbled. A voice belonging to Dante.

Syra glanced up with deadly eyes, knowing he had caused her child's death, had râped her.

"I want your blood on my hands," she growled, deadly serious.

"You," he gasped, eyes wide. "Did you-"

"Murder Zelina? Yes," she answered for him and rushed forward, succubi scurried out of the way in fear.

Dante stood, towering over her, though his face seemed...pained. "You won't get a chance with me."

"Oh, I think I already have," she responded, whipping out the blade and stabbing it forward, but much to Syra's surprise he dodged out of the way.