22. Sticky Situation

Sebastian had practically flown through the halls.

He probably would have if he had wings, Syra thought, mildly amused.

But at any rate, Sebastian maneuvered the halls expertly and they arrived back in their flat with no sign of anyone seeing them.

Syra let out a gentle sigh, she was more relaxed now aside from the horrid throbbing in her breasts.

Sebastian's fingers squeezed her ever so softly and he laid her down on the mattress and comforter that felt so much like a cloud.

"I'll be right back, Syra," he murmured, brushing his lips softly against her forehead.

Another sigh, one filled with the warm emotion flooding her system, fluttered past her lips and she watched through half lidded eyes as Sebastian smiled softly.

Her eyes closed again as he retreated and she began to doze.

Her mind vaguely worried over Dante and Zelina and her lies, her love, every problem she had and decided to settle solely on the warm feeling of love twisting and turning her stomach so much she thought she might be sick.

A cloth much warmer than Syra's cool skin jolted her awake again and Sebastian murmured a gentle apology, but didn't stop his hand from continuing to swipe her cheek, chin, neck, chest and very gently sliding across her breasts to finish up and glide over her stomach.

It was after he'd finished that Syra realized he'd cleaned Scar's cúm from her body. Her stomach churned then from a very different emotion -- disgust.

She shied away from Sebastian when he dropped the rag and leaned to capture her lips.

"Syra... it wasn't your fault. Now please, give me your lips, let me kiss you -- love you," He whispered, centimeters from touching his lips with hers.

"Love me," Syra murmured back softly, catching Sebastian's dazzling jade eyes.

He kissed her then, something soft, sweet, and concerned. He kissed her until she was relaxed, forgetful of her pain.

He pulled back and glanced at her with the love that he had restrained and it ripped the breath from her lungs that an angel -- even a sub race -- could love something like her, could love the creature she had been and still was, could make her love and feel.

Startled, she watched him lower his mouth to her exposed breasts and her pain was remembered as she saw the bruises. She whimpered and went to move.

"Shh... baby, I'll make it better."

His words were nothing but caring and kind and so Syra stilled. His lips just barely grazed the valley between her breasts and the sides of them with his lips, but Syra felt warmth, a soothing and healing jolt through her which caused goosebumps to rise and scatter over the surface of her skin.

When he had finished he placed a gentle kiss where the bottom of Syra's ribs were. She glanced down then and gasped, finding her bruises slowly healing back to her original tan skin.

"W-what did you do?"

"I healed you," he muttered, eyes watching her carefully.

"But why when the waters...?" Syra trailed off, confused.

"The waters could've healed you, yes, but I wanted to. I wanted to make it up to you... I--I felt responsible because I had let you go even when my heart screamed at me not to," Sebastian explained, voice becoming more and more choked with emotion the more he spoke. "And you're mine, I wanted to heal you. Not Era's waters, not something Zelina controls and owns. Me."