25. Discovery

25. Discovery

Syra's blood ran cold and she shook as she glanced over at Sebastian.

Zelina knew about everything else, did she know of their child, too now?

Sebastian squeezed her hand in an effort to get her blood pumping warm again, but it was a weak attempt. Syra couldn't be warm if it meant the child she just found out about life's ended.

Her baby's life couldn't end, not when she hadn't given it a life she never had and certainly not when she never got to meet him/her.

Her eyes almost began to water when Zelina spoke again.

"There will be no more Lily and no others. Just you, Syra and I," Zelina said softly, almost reverently.

Syra watched the tension in Sebastian's shoulders ease slightly and Syra felt as though she could breathe a little better.

"Now, you will speak to no one of this. Nor will you question what I ask of you. I will never partake in these acts, but that does not mean I will not please myself, understand?" She spoke, her voice was drenched in a business-like tone and she stared at Syra and Sebastian with hard, expectant eyes.

"Yes, we understand," Syra murmured.

"Good. For now, I require you two. Later, well...That's different."

Syra and Sebastian shared a look.

"Enough!" Zelina snapped, eyes blazing. "Syra, strip him."

Syra turned to do as Zelina commanded when the doors to the throne room burst open. Syra's eyes took in a slim figure surrounded in white.

Syra figured it had to be Lily or some other angel/alabaster. They were bathed in white, slim and dainty, what else could it be?

Certainly not: mussy, spiked hair, warm honey eyes and a fairy shaped face that Syra thought was human.

"Ren?" Syra whispered, eyes widening as the figure stepped into the room.

"Syra?" Ren whispered back, eyes huge and frantic.

"Cousin...you didn't tell me you knew a succubus," Zelina said, rather loudly from behind Syra.

"Cousin?!"

"I didn't--"

Syra and Ren spoke at the same time, both frantic and anxious.

"Silence!" Zelina snapped, her cool facade lost again as she glowered at Ren and Syra. "How have you met?"

"Earth," both women answered in unison.

Syra felt her Urges rise just as a soft kick hit her belly. Not now...I just fed.

Zelina studied both women suspiciously. "Cousin, how did you meet?"

Syra glanced over to see Ren was shaking and sweating profusely. She was beyond nervous and working her way into terrified.

"W-we met at the club I work at on Earth, you know Ruen?" Ren stammered.

"Is that so, Florence? You obviously know each other...well. How else do you know the succubus?" Zelina's voice was incredibly intimidating now, it was so calm and so cool you'd swear she already knew how they met and what they did after and she was just torturing Ren into saying it.

Syra realized she probably was and glanced over at pale, shaking Ren, deciding she'd speak up.

"Zelina, stop playing games with Ren. You already know what happened and how we met," Syra growled.

"I. Did. Not. Speak to you, whöre," She spat and flung a hand out in Syra's direction, making it a fist.

Syra began to choke as her air supply was cut off by Zelina's powers.

"Now, tell me how you met, sweet cousin," Zelina cooed in a sickly sweet voice as Syra continued to writhe and grasp at the unseen force choking her.

"Zelina, stop!" Ren gasped, horror dripping from her voice.

Syra began to feel dizzy, fuzzy and her strength ebbed. Sebastian had tried to stop Zelina himself, but now he too was fighting for air.

"Not until you tell me," Zelina singsonged with a dark chuckle.

"I met her at a club, that part was true, but we went home and had sex. I forgot because.. well, now I know she's a succubus so that's why. But she came back and told me we'd had sex and that she wanted to be friends."

As Ren blabbed on and on, Zelina's grip on her powers became weaker and weaker until Sebastian and Syra could finally gasp in air.

Silence descended on the entire room like a shadow, the only sound Syra and Sebastian's regulating breathing.

Syra glanced up to see Zelina frozen to her throne, apparently she didn't know everything.

Slowly the angel queen unfroze and her face began to heat with absolute rage.

"You WHAT?!" She shrieked so loud it almost made Syra's ears burst open and bleed. "Florence, I've trained you, I've taught you everything! But the one thing I always told you, dammit, is to stay away from succubi and incubi! You're half mortal! God knows what, s-she did to you!"

Syra felt herself boil. "Oh, now you're just being hypocritical, Queen. You with your creepy fet-"

Syra's oxygen cut off again and she knew this was not healthy for her child. Her rage built and built until she was glowing a ruby red.

Zelina gasped, retracted her powers as if burned. She stared at Syra with wide, almost frightened eyes.

"Fúcking stop with you're shít, Zelina. If you were concerned about your half mortal cousin that much you'd keep her here and safe. She made one mistake, your lucky it wasn't some other succubi or incubi who would've drained her dry!" Syra snapped and turned to Ren.

"And you, it would've been nice to know you weren't fully mortal."

Ren jerked back before she puffed up in anger. "And it would've been nice to know I was fúcking a succubus and wouldn't have any memory of it the next day!"

Syra had nothing to say, Ren was right, but she was far too píssed at everyone to apologize.

She stormed from the chamber, Sebastian close behind, and wound her way out to the gardens.

She sat down with a huff on a stone bench and felt her emotions shift dramatically from anger to sadness.

Tears began to stream and Sebastian carefully scooped her into his arms.

"Shh.."

"No! I could've lost you today, I could've died today!" Syra hicupped out sobs as Sebastian rocked her.

No one seemed to be around aside from the extremely green plants and various vibrant flowers. The smell soothed Syra, but when she felt the soft nudge of the baby she carried in her womb, the tears came down faster and harder.

"B-bast, I could've lost the baby!" She wailed. "Our baby could've died! I would've been no better than my mother!"

Sebastian's arms tightened around her and he kissed her forehead gently. "But you aren't and the baby's fine, love."

Syra had just begun to relax, when a voice sent horrific chills down her back.

"The baby? What baby?"