28. Date

28. Date

Sebastian had dragged Syra out of the hotel room with such force she thought he'd break her ankles due to the heels she wore.

He stopped when they reached the dark, outside air and gazed back at the glittering stars.

"I'd say you picked a lovely night for our first date."

"Of course I did." Syra smiled and tugged Sebastian down the street. "Though it seems a bit odd... an angel and a demon going on a date."

"We're still beings, Syra," Sebastian murmured and tugged her into his side as they walked down the streets illuminated by shop lights and stop signs. People whirled past them without any clue of what they were.

"We still feel, even if your kind usually don't feel as much as angels. We still have wants, needs and desires. We're no different than humans except we have powers and...well don't live on Earth."

Syra silently pondered his words as they continued down the sidewalk, shoes clicking away against the concrete.

She was so wrapped in her thoughts that when Sebastian stopped, she jerked forward and almost fell if not for his grip.

"Careful." He chuckled and nodded to the café before him once she'd straightened and gained her balance.

Syra quirked a brow as she gazed at the rather mundane café. She had expected Sebastian's tastes to be high and lavish, but instead he seemed to like quaint little cafés like the one she had sat in all those days ago. This wasn't the same café though, this one was a bit more lavish and decorated.

"What do you think?" Sebastian asked after she had stayed silent for awhile.

She flashed a smile at him. "I love it."

They entered the café and a host seated them at a small black table in the back, decorated with a single rose in a clear vase and two small tea candles on each side of it. The host handed them menus and departed after mumbling a waiter would see them soon.

Sebastian stared at Syra as she glanced at the menu, she stopped when she felt his gaze searing her.

"What?" She almost snapped until she saw the way he was looking at her. It was enough to send her heart stuttering and her panties to soak.

"Just admiring the view. Do you know what you want?" He asked leisurely, his voice a husky rumble.

Syra clenched her thighs closed as she felt another wave of lust crash directly to her core.

"If you don't stop, it'll be you I want and I won't get a date. You do not want me to not have this date," she growled, eyes flicking back to the menu.

"I think do," Sebastian said, his voice was as attractive as the day she unofficially met him and Syra shivered with lust.

Just then a waitress appeared, chirping, "Hi there, I'm Jessica, what can I get you two?"

Syra picked tortellini and stuffed mushrooms with Coke while Sebastian told the waitress he would like the same.

She jotted things down and skipped away.

"That's not very first date like, ordering what I ordered," Syra remarked, curling a lip in mock disdain.

"Neither is our dirty talk," Sebastian said, rather loudly with dark jade eyes.

"Stop that!" Syra kicked him under the table and he flinched, but his eyes remained dark.

"You'll pay for that later, love."