8. Alabaster

8. Alabaster

Syra awoke feeling a bit dazed, but blissful. Warmth enveloped her in a way she hadn't experienced and she let out a sigh that did lift the weight from her shoulders.

But that shattered the minute she realized the warmth was coming from a body and arms that wrapped around her.

Syra sat up then as memories of last night drifted into her mind and began to get out of bed until Sebastian's arms tugged her back.

"No..." He groaned, his voice muffled by the pillow. "Lay down and quit worrying about feeling, just let it be. You can worry later, dammit."

Syra huffed, but his remark sent a tingle into her stomach that she liked despite her fear of feelings. So she did as he commanded and laid down, relaxing and accepting his warmth once again.

**

Warm fingertips traced Syra's back and she found herself moaning and curving her back into the feather light sensation without thought.

Until she was startled by Sebastian's deep voice.

"Why do you run from what you feel, succubus?"

Syra couldn't speak for a moment, she was afraid to answer to someone who she didn't know.

"I will tell you what I am and more about me if you'll let me, but first answer my question."

Syra couldn't refuse that, she had been dying to know just what exactly Sebastian was and how he seemed to read her mind.. It would be progress in the right direction.

"Because it is unnatural with my kind. We do not feel."

"Hm. I think, since you're here on Earth, you should feel. I know you're not like the others of your kind, that is why I chose you, though it was fun playing a bellboy," Sebastian murmured, his voice a soothing lullaby.

Syra was a bit shocked.

Chose? He had chose her? And he had played the part of a bellboy? Syra had thought he was the bellboy that went around wooing women with just a look and sleeping with them, but she was wrong.

No wonder she hadn't seen him before that day.

"Sebastian....what are you?" Syra found herself asking instead of why did you choose me or something else more personal.

"Syra, I am....your opposite," Sebastian spit out, his voice wavering.

Syra immediately thought he was an angel and jumped away, voicing her thoughts and ignoring the fact he had called her by her name which she'd not once told him, but Sebastian coaxed her back and told her he wasn't an angel.

"I'm not exactly...an angel," Sebastian ammended. "I'm like you, Syra, a sub-race. I'm an alabaster."

"What's the difference?!" Syra screeched, pulling away again and beginning to pace.

She pulled at the roots of her hair. She had thought maybe, just maybe he might be an incubi, a gifted human, some other sort of supernatural, but not this. Not a fücking sub-angel.

But it all made sense, how he could read her mind, why he cared, just...all of it and here Syra was doing the worst possible- fücking him.

Syra's stomach rolled dangerously and she skittered to the bathroom, ignoring Sebastian's protests and rammed open the toilet lid, vomiting up bile into the bowl.

"Syra," his voice came from behind her, but Syra didn't look up.

"Shut up! I didn't even tell you my name!" She roared, feeling tears form at her idiocy.

Sebastian's sigh floated into her ears and soon she was trapped in his arms. She thrashed, but he held tight until he reached the bed.

He set her down, but Syra moved to get up and Sebastian's frustration won through. He pinned her under his own naked form and held her fast.

"Would you stop it!" He gripped her wrists and held them down.

Syra winced and looked into his eyes which glared at her.

"I slept with you!" she shrieked and then collapsed back as tears rolled down her face.

Sebastian softened then. "Yes, you did and I don't regret it. Why should you?"

"Because! We're from two completely different realms, planes! We are complete opposites!" Syra was in almost hysterics. "This is wrong!"

Sebastian was quiet for awhile and the only sound heard was Syra's heavy breathing calming and she feared she had finally pissed him off.

Sebastian's intake of breathe broke the silence though with a soft whoosh.

Syra found herself looking up at him then and she saw his face was a complete mask of something. His eyes were squeezed shut, his mouth drawn tight, his messy hair even seemed to droop.

He opened his jade eyes to stare back at Syra and she found his eyes swirled with emotions Syra had just discovered and ones that she had yet to even feel.

"Okay," Sebastian's voice was little more than a breath of air as he finally spoke. "Maybe this is wrong, but the way I see it is you're not in the Abyss anymore and I'm not on Era, we're on Earth. In between. It could happen and it feels right, but have it your way. This is wrong."

Sebastian's grip on her wrists had loosened and he released them completely as he stood up and pulled on his clothes.

Syra watched him walk out her bedroom, never looking back, and heard the door open and shut with the softest of clicks.

Syra had hurt him. She knew he had felt more because he was a sub-angel, but she couldn't help it.

It was engrained in her from the moment she was born until now, she wasn't suppose to have anything to do with angels, including sub-angels, anything good.

Now Syra felt cold and empty. A new feeling made it's way across her skin; sludgey, black and it seemed to drag rather than drip down her: horridness.

She hated she'd been so cruel...but there was nothing she could do now.

She just had to get on with the rest of her day...