37. Inconvenience

37. Inconvenience

Syra had rid her face of the tears once there and donned her black clothing for war. Sebastian had apologized, a look of understanding had crossed his face and Syra knew he'd have no more doubts.

He, too, was dressed and ready and both of them turned and headed out the door to face the questions of Ren and Blane.

What they hadn't expected was to stumble upon the two engaging in a feverish make-out session on Syra's hotel sink in the kitchen.

Sebastian quickly cleared his throat -- quite loudly -- and the couple broke apart. Blane's face held no regret, but Ren's was a deep scarlet.

"What the hell?" Syra muttered, her thoughts of revenge vanishing briefly.

Wasn't Ren a lesbian?

"Uhm.." Ren murmured, still unable to look up.

"What can I say? My good looks turned lesbian Ren into a more straighter Ren," Blane said, cockily with a chuckle.

Ren looked up then and released a growl, smacking him over the head. Blane cursed, but did nothing in his defense.

"Well," Sebastian coughed and ran a hand through his hair. "This is awkward, but onto more pressing matters."

Blane and Ren let out a breath of air and straightened up further before coming closer. They collected themselves easily and then turned to Syra with a serious face.

"You really going to do this?" Blane asked, arching a brow.

"You really going to ask that after Zelina?" she countered, sarcastic.

"You do realize we might die right?" Ren muttered.

"No one said you had to accompany us, by all means stay and continue your make-out session," Sebastian remarked hotly. His hand snaked out and squeezed Syra's hand.

Ren blushed and open her mouth to answer, but Blane beat her to it. "We will stick by you, we support you, especially with our own inter-species relationship. Ren and I merely wanted to make sure you knew your lives were at stake."

"We were aware with Zelina. It hasn't changed."

"Alright, alright. When do we do this?"

**

Sebastian

Sebastian felt his head whirl. It was like he was experiencing déjà vu all over again.

Everything was the goddamn same, the black clothes, the steathiness, the ease with which they had made it to their destination. The only difference was they had Blane and Ren from the start and they were in the Abyss.

Sebastian's skin prickled at being back in the place where he'd rescued Syra from the clutches of Dante and he almost felt bloodlust rise in himself remembering how he had forced himself upon Syra.

The gravelly streets of the rural area of the Abyss were quiet, no one basked in the night life here, but when Sebastian glanced ahead, he noticed the shift from rural to city and how it boomed with creatures scattered all about.

He caught up to Syra and yanked her close to him, whispering, "How do you think we'll make it to Dante's club when there's so many creatures milling about?"

She looked at him with blazing eyes and muttered, "They won't even spare us a glance, especially if we stick to the shadows."

"And then the guards at his Club?"

"Blane will take care of it."

Sebastian let out a breath of air. He hoped this would turn out well, but a shiver that ran up and down his spine screamed otherwise.