24. Confessing

24. Confessing

Syra blinked away sleep to the surroundings of the bedroom. Sebastian had convinced her to sleep in the bed so no one burst in and found them naked even though they'd learn soon enough and Syra had been too tired to argue.

Now she stretched and groaned, yanking back the covers and wishing Sebastian had stayed in the room instead of retreating to the couch, he'd been wary since knowing she was pregnant. He wasn't taking chances of anyone finding out early.

Syra stood, hopeful she wouldn't be bothered by Lily.. the fúcking alabaster was almost insatiable.

She moved to the wardrobe and yanked the double doors open, hopeful she'd find jeans -- though with her pregnancy why would she bother?

Because dresses just aren't my style. I'd rather wear sweat pants.

As she was rummaging through the wardrobe, only finding dresses of every shape and size, the door to the bedroom burst open and Syra heard Sebastian shouting, or rather snarling at Lily.

"You stay the fück away from her, you nypho bitch!"

Lily just chuckled and Syra heard Roy's familiar grunts holding Sebastian back.

Syra peered around the wardrobe doors and scowled, though the slight fear didn't stop shooting through her veins.

"What?" Syra sneered, leaving the wardrobe open. She was done with this shit. Done being used.

"Knees. Now," Lily snarled viciously.

"No. Get the fúck out, you crazy bítch."

"What?" Lily's cold facade cracked and Syra saw the female alabaster's shock show through before it was replaced by rage.

"I said no," Syra replied calmly now.

"Whöre," Lily spat and came forward, she swing her hand out, claws extended.

Syra easily caught her slim wrist and wretched Lily around, she was a stick and far younger than Syra.

"You need to take the not-so-subtle hint and get out. Now. I'm not with your shit, angel."

Lily whimpered as Syra squeezed her thin wrist and yanked at her hair.

"Are we clear?" Syra spat out.

Lily nodded frantically, she'd been clawing at Syra's wrist to get away, but it wasn't happening.

Just because she was pregnant didn't mean she couldn't kick this bítch's áss.

Syra released Lily and watched the girl stumble away. She could've been mean, brutal and ripped the young alabaster apart, but that wouldn't put her in Zelina's good graces.

Syra followed Lily into the living room and glared at Roy nearly strangling Sebastian.

"Lily, tell the actual angel to release Sebastian," Syra growled and Lily's stride faultered.

"R-roy," she stammered.

Roy's eyes widened and he released Sebastian who fell to the floor gasping. Roy raced to Lily, laying a hand on her arm and asked what happened.

Lily glanced at Syra who gave her a stare so hard it'd crack glass and Lily whirled back around, shaking her head. Roy went to glance back at Syra -- probably to scowl -- but Lily yanked him along and soon they were out the door.

Syra rushed to Sebastian once they'd left and noticed he was staring at her with his beautiful green eyes that held pride and adoration swirling in their depths.

"I'm so proud of you, Syra," he murmured, stroking her cheek. "How's the little one?" His hand moved to stroke her little bump.

"Baby is fine, I'm fine, but how are you?" She muttered softly.

Sebastian's expression changed to one of mock hurt. "You think I'd be bested by some slimy angel like Roy? I think not!"

Syra laughed and leaned down to kiss him.

"Let's go talk to Zelina once I've dressed before Lily or Roy run and tattle."

**

Sebastian wove his fingers through Syra's fingers and squeezed gently. He knew Syra was worried, it was hard not to. Her hands shook and sweat beaded on her forehead.

"Relax," he whispered under his breath as they approached the guards outside the throne chamber. Their faces remained frozen in blankness, but one spoke up.

"What are you doing here?"

"We wish to speak to Zelina. It's urgent," Sebastian said.

The guard lifted a lip in disgust, breaking his stone face, at their twinned fingers and muttered, "I can see that."

He nodded his head at the other guard and they moved, opening the doors.

Syra sucked in a breath at the sight of the blue and white throne room again, but what really made her lose her breath was Zelina. She was staring at her as if she had been waiting and it unsettled Syra immensely.

Zelina's eyes shifted to Syra and Sebastian's joined hands and Syra had to swallowed down her nerves that threatened to fray.

When they'd reached a few feet in front of the throne, they stopped and Syra noticed Lily's absence next to her queen's throne.

Syra felt something spark in her mind, but it faded just as fast as it had come. Her eyes flickered back to Zelina and waited for the angel queen to address them.

The queen however merely stared down at them, her eyes studying, piercing, and ripping them apart.

Finally after what seemed like ages, the icy looking queen spoke.

"I knew it," she murmured. "Even before Lily came running like I knew she would."

Syra's eyebrows knitted in confusion which was met with a slow, seductive smile from Zelina.

"Oh I watched the alabaster, she had that look. The look that said she'd be back for more and she was," Zelina grinned. "I was just wondering how long it'd take you two to stop it. Longer than I'd expected."

"But how did you--" Sebastian started.

"Know about the both of you? She tried too hard to hide her feelings that first time in this chamber."

Syra gaped, unable to speak. She had known all along, lying to the both of them. That had been the spark Syra had felt, the one that told her Zelina had known this entire time.

When she found her voice she murmured, "Did you fake the fetish you have too?"

Syra watched as Zelina's face began to flush a bright red, starting at her neck to flush up to her cheeks. Her mouth opened, then closed.

"Ill take that as a no," Syra muttered flatly.

Zelina coughed and composed herself. "So...have you come to tell me of your feelings?"

Syra nodded warily.

"I see.. I did say this would be a problem wouldn't it?"

Syra nodded again, but spoke. "If you knew why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I gave Lily what she wanted and I would've continued to if you hadn't come forward," Zelina said as if it was common knowledge.

Oh, yes, I allowed my alabaster assistant to threaten you and allowed her to force you into giving her multiple orgasms despite the mental damage it might cause you...

Syra almost laughed aloud, but clamped her mouth shut tight.

"It sounds like you're implying that you wish to do something else with her," Sebastian ground out, his fingers tightening painfully around Syra's hand.

Zelina's face broke into the most wicked grin Syra had ever seen -- it almost split her face open -- and chuckled.

"That's were you're wrong, darling. You will be doing something to her, not me."