17. Dante

17. Dante

Syra awoke alone, the room had been cleared of everyone and of everything, and finally Syra let the impact of what she'd done consume her.

She hadn't wanted to really do any of what she did, but she had and she felt disgusting for it. She looked at her naked form and winced.

She was still the same, a few scars lined her stomach but had mostly healed from the sex, bruises covered her wrists and ankles, but it wasn't that, that bothered her. It was what she had done and that it hadn't been Sebastian.

Tears leaked down her face and she crawled off the bed, standing up shakily. Her clothes were ruined so there was no point in even trying to put them back on, so she ignored them and headed for the door.

She paused, wiping her eyes and steeled her resolve, she needed to get to Dante and pray that she hadn't been delayed so long she was too late.

But chances were, she probably was.

It didn't matter though, she had to try. Syra reached for the door and yanked it open. There wasn't anyone in the open area, but voices and moans could be heard from the lounge/bar area back the other way.

Syra stepped out, hearing demons release cocky, immature whistles at her nudity but she ignored them. She wasn't the slightest bit embarrassed and adjusted to the customs of the Abyss easily.

Syra dashed for the final staircase and began her ascent, cautiously and carefully.

The cool metal against her bare feet did little to cool the burning of Syra's nerves and the roiling in her belly, but still she climbed and climbed until she'd reached the massive door and the soles of her feet were like ice.

She raised her hand to the knocker when a hand suddenly grasped her own. She gasped and went to turn around but the hand moved to her face and kept it staring forward. The hand swatted hers out of the way and knocked instead.

The sound echoed around them and through the door, the sound seeming ominous and eerie. Syra wanted more than anything to turn around and see who the person was behind her as the seconds ticked by.

Just when she thought she'd turn around, the locks begun unlocking on the other side; clicking and clanking away.

Syra's attention was riveted on the door as it slowly began to open. Her breathe was like jagged glass, scraping her throat and ripping up her lungs as she watched in anticipation.

The mystery person's hand rested against her bare shoulder, offering what seemed to be some sort of comfort.

A curvy, big breasted and chocolate skinned succubus greeted her, rather than Dante himself.

"Well, well, if it isn't the traitor who slept with an Elder and started the emotions to flood into our race."

The succubi's voice was husky, seductive. The goddamn epitome of sex. Syra knew if she wasn't a succubus herself she might have fell to her knees before this woman and begged to have sex with her.

"And Blane it seems. Were you the one who captured and brought her back?"

Blane? He did come to help!

"I did, Chitoma. Where is Dante?"

"Thank you. And he is in the throne room. You know the one, his favorite. I'm sure Dante will want to say his thanks."

Chitoma sent a glare at Syra that scalded her skin and her voice had been no better. Blane gripped Syra's other shoulder and led her inside the huge door. It could've been a damn manison, she noticed.