14 • Not The Only One

Chapter Fourteen

❝The best thing about bravery, child,

is even a little is enough.❞

A glass vase dropped.

     That was the final straw. Theo glared at whoever was responsible, which was a group of girls he didn't even recognise. "Watch it!"

     They scurried away in a fit of giggles, and he sighed in annoyance.

     Zach decided to throw a party in the last minute, meaning that when Theo came out of his bedroom that day, he was bombarded with strangers in the living room. One look at his roommate, who was installing music in the speakers, and he knew there was no going back.

     The door rang.

    "Coming!" Theo quickly swept the broken pieces of glass into a corner before hurrying to open the door. "Welcome to the — "

     His words halted.

    "El," he stared. "Hey."

     She smiled shyly. "Hi."

    "Lenny!" Zach rushed from the middle of the room and tackled her in a hug, making Theo blink in the process. "Has God blessed me with your presence?"

    "Nah, it was all just me," she cheekily responded.

     The boys stepped away to let El and Jeff inside, the latter of which he didn't even notice. He did notice, however, the lack of someone else.

    "Everyone!" Zach said with his palms cupped around his mouth, startling El by his side. Theo's mouth lifted a bit. "I'd like to introduce to you, Lenny McKinney, the girl in charge of Anchor's. Without her, we wouldn't be craving for those delicious protein shakes and diet plans we usually loathe from coaches who try to shove it down our throats! On top of that, she's makin' money moves, bitch! Give her some love!"

     The crowd cheered and whistled. El couldn't help her surprised smile.

     Theo couldn't help staring at it.

    "Oh," Zach added, "and that's Jeff."

     A serious of one-claps echoed in the room.

    "Much appreciated," Jeff muttered under his breath.

     When the crowd murmured amongst themselves again, Zach asked the ultimate question. "So, where's your boyfriend?"

    "Not feeling well," she shrugged nonchalantly. "But he appreciates the invite as you extending an olive branch."