M83 Playlist

A N O T H E R   W A V E   F R O M   Y O U   

Disc 2, Track 05

Skip to 0:45. This is the anthem of the story. Hell, this story was built from this song. In general, this describes El and Theo's relationship and their state of minds throughout it. The only lyrics — "Think I saw you there..." refers back to the first night they met, when Theo was stumbling through the night and ended up in El's shack.

________________

M Y   T E A R S   A R E  B E C O M I N G   A   S E A   

Disc 2, Track 02

Skip to 1:00. This is my favourite song out of the whole playlist. I had written the majority of the chapters while listening to this song. Over and over again. It just gave me so much endless inspiration. This, ladies and gentlemen, is when El and Theo start falling for each other. And this was earth-shattering, mind-blowing head over heels love.

________________

R A C O N T E  -  M O I   U N E   H I S T O I R E  

Disc 1, Track 06

Skip to 2:07. In this segment, El and Theo are already together. It's a fun, high-spirited, positive vibe. I often see the little girl who raconte une histoire as Eleanor; she has the same spirit. The rest of the song... you can hear it for yourself. It's very uplifting, and it's free. They're free.

________________

W H E R E   T H E   B O A T S   G O

Disc 1, Track 04

Skip to 0:30. They finally accept their love for each other and everything's serene. They're in eternal bliss. You can also imagine this when El and Theo have their first kiss. That feeling when you're ultimately together and everything's perfect... almost too perfect. This is, alas, the calm before the storm. 

________________

W A I T

Disc 1, Track 05

Skip to 1:20. This is when everything falls apart. El and Theo's personal breakdowns, respectively: so El after her breakup/Travis stuff, and Theo after, well, a lot of chapters of just him being depressed/frustrated. But also their little mini-breakdowns. By the far the most personal track.

________________

S O O N  ,  M Y   F R I E N D

Disc 1, Track 11

Skip to 0:50.This is the ending of their story. Literally the last chapter (before the epilogue.) This is where they're sure of each other, but also not sure if they'll be together in the future. He's leaving soon; she's staying here. It's like what the only lyrics say — "I'll be yours someday."

And they were in the end.