he gave me a look and i just took another step back. "i mean it."

"fine, i promise," he held out his pinky and i simply wrapped my own around it, sealing the promise. i then handed him the cereal bar. "why do you have to be so difficult?"

"me? difficult?" i scoffed, ripping the plastic of the cereal bar off before taking a bite.

"yes. why don't you want to admit that at least deep down you do have a thing for me?" he mimicked my actions.

"i don't have a thing for you. i might just think you're attractive and maybe i just haven't really been with a guy in a while and that's why you make me nervous," i confessed, speaking quickly and hoping he wouldn't focus on the part in which i called him attractive.

thankfully, and surprisingly, he didn't. "so you've dated before?"

i nodded. "yeah, back when i lived in england for half a year."

"why'd it end?" he asked, nonchalantly. i cringed at the memories rushing to my brain.

"because i had to move," i lied. i wasn't about to tell him the story of how a fuckboy broke my heart.

this seemed to convince him as he laid on one of the benches, facing up. "do you still like him?"

i scrunched my nose up. "ew, no," i shook my head. "it's been two years since that. and i don't miss him at all," i meant what i said, i didn't miss him. even though i did think of him sometimes, but mostly to convince myself that relationships are a bad idea.

i decided to change the subject. "what about you?"

he scoffed. "as if you didn't know all about my reputation."

"i do," i finished my cereal bar, disappointed that i hadn't brought a few more and taking a mental note that from then on i would be more mindful and pack a few more. "but i was wondering if maybe there was someone before all of it, you know, some kind of trigger to your behavior."

he shook his head. "no, there isn't. i'm just an asshole it seems."

"glad we can finally agree on something," he turned his head to me, disappointed but not surprised.

"anyway do you mind if i smoke? you're giving me a headache," he reached inside his pocket, taking out what i recognized as a blunt.

"of course i do mind, you're not smoking that shit near me," i reached out and took it from his hand, earning a gasp from him.

then, something occured to me.

"wait, give me your lighter," i showed him my hand so he could place it there.

"are you kidding me? you're not gonna smoke it yourself are you?" he held on to his lighter.

"no, idiot, look up," i pointed to the smoke alarms installed and then pointed to the joint. "if we light this up and lift it just enough so the smoke reaches the alarms, they will set off and a guard will probably be around to get us out of here!"

he widened his eyes. "for the first time ever, you're actually having a smart idea."

he finally handed me his lighter and i quickly lit up the blunt. i coughed at the smoke that instantly came out, getting up on the bench to try to reach the alarm.

"let me help," he took it from my hand and tried reaching it as well. we both failed.

"alright get on my shoulders," he bent down just enough so i could do as he said.

"don't drop me," i threatened, and he rolled his eyes. i hopped on his shoulders and took the blunt from him again, not before noticing him taking a hit of hit. "taehyung!" i smacked his head.

"okay okay, fine," he blew out a cloud of smoke before i reached up to put the blunt against the smoke detectors.

within a couple of seconds, the alarm was set off and water started spraying from the ceiling. i let out a squeal as some of it hit me directly in my face.

taehyung quickly put me down, as i grabbed the towel i had used before and put it over my head. he quickly got under as well.

surely enough, the door was being unlocked and a guard came in. "what are you two doing here?!" he yelled, stopping in his tracks as he looked at my hand. "is that a blunt?"

i looked at my hand and back at the guard. my body froze. "it's not what you think--"

i looked at taehyung who was currently with his arm around me and puffy red eyes.

that was the moment i realized we were free, but completely and utterly screwed.