Pilot

*
Hi :)
Just wanted to say that this is my first story and that English isn't my first language, so there will be many mistakes.
The Pilot and 1st Chapter will be short, I want you to meet the characters and after we can start with this story. Hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think. Kisses!
*

'Ivyyyyy!' Rosalie shouted 'Come here right now'

Ivy rolled her eye knowing her mother couldn't see her. She just wanted to have 5 minutes of peace with her favourite book before going to work. She eventually got up and went to her mother's room; she didn't want to keep her waiting and to prevent her shouting again.

'What is it mother?'

'Come here and read this, I have found the perfect job for you.'

'What are you talking about? I already have 2 jobs, I can't work more than 12 hours, please mom' Ivy looked shocked at her.

'Just shut up and come here and read' Rosalie pointed to Ivy the empty chair in front of their laptop. Actually was Ivy's laptop that she saved a lot of money to buy it, but her mother confiscated it from the first day saying that she didn't deserve it and she should work harder.

Ivy sat in front of the laptop and started reading

"Surrogate mother wanted, maximum age 24 years old, healthy, non-smoker, non-drinker, must be available for blood tests and other clinical exams before signing the contract. The woman must stay with us until the child is born, after giving birth she can't have any contact with it. We offer 400,000 dollars and free accommodation during the pregnancy. Please contact us at......" Ivy was shocked, when didn't even have to finish reading the announcement. Surrogate mother? How can her own mother think that it could be the perfect job for her.

'Mom' she said breathless and looked lost at her. Actually it was very hard for her to save her tears.

'Mother, Ivy' Rosalie corrected her

'Are you sure this is what you wanted to show me? These people are looking for a surrogate mother'

'Yes!' Rosalie said with excited 'Think about it, you are perfect' Ivy was still shocked to hear her mother. Was she perfect? Her mother always said that she was worthless and a waste of money for her. 'You are 21 years old, you don't smoke, you don't know how the wine tastes and probably you never had a kiss before, you work many hours so you are very healthy'

'I can't do this mother, it is my body, I don't want to carry a child. I want to go to college and after have children with a man that will be my husband.' Hearing her Rosalie started to laugh hysterically.

'You are too old for college darling and let's be honest, where do you want to find your prince charming? At the bar where you wash the dishes or at the mall where you mop the floors?' and she laughed again. 'For God's sake, you are 21 years old, wake up and do something useful for once in your life'

'But I bring the money in this house, I pay the rent and the bills' Ivy said in tears. Hearing her mother saying all of this reminded her of all her dreams and how the vanished... she wanted to go to college all her life, but her mother said that she was too stupid to go and she should work. She had gotten her first job at 16 years old and since the first day she received her first payment her mother stopped working. Now after 5 years she had 2 jobs, sometimes 3 jobs if you include babysitting her neighbour's baby, no friends and no bright future in front of her. But selling her body to some strangers? She knew that it didn't involve any physical contact, but she still felt bad doing this.

'I can't do this, I am sorry, but I will not do it'

'So you don't care about me? You care only about you! How selfish can you be? I carried you 9 months and after took care of you all my life. This is how you repay me? We can finally leave from this dirty apartment, I can go around the world with my girlfriends, and you know that this is my biggest dream, but you care only about you...' Ivy knew where her mother wanted to go, she had the same speech when she announced her that she wanted to go to college and she even saved some money for this, but Rosalie convinced her so Ivy felt worthless to go to college. Instead she gave all her saving to her mother and Rosalie was so excited. She left Miami for 2 weeks visited Europe, after she came back she made Ivy to take 2 jobs as they were broke. Ivy made up her mind and this time she was sure her mother couldn't make her change her mind.

'I care about you mother, sometimes I work more than 12 hours a day, I cook for us and I promise you than one day we will both have money to follow our dreams, but I can't be a surrogate, now if you excuse me I need to go to work if you want to have electricity in this house' Ivy got up and left her mother speechless and angry in her room. She didn't change; she hurried to get out as fast as she could so she couldn't hear her mother's tantrums. She felt proud of herself, it was the first time that she said no to Rosalie and she was sure that in the morning when she got back from work everything would have been forgotten.

'Let's mop some floors' she said to herself thinking about her mother words and almost laughing. 'At least I do something decent for living.'