Excuse me...what? [Dean X Reader]

Requested by silverarchangelwings 

Imagine: You're Dean's daughter and, for the very first time, you back talk him.

Your phone lit up with an irrelevant notification, going unnoticed as you stared blandly at the kitchen wall. Your eyes scanned the dark wood cabinets and the silver steel counters to the same steel kitchen table. You lifted your mug of coffee to your lips, reveling in the taste of black cherry whiskey you mixed in moments ago. You're shoulders tensed as you felt the ache sting through your chest again. Your passive mask hid your pain well, despite the tears that welled in your eyes and you gave in to lingering thoughts.

Several Hours Ago

You stormed into the Men Of Letter's Bunker with Dean hot on your heels and Sam filtering in behind you both. You had been quiet, silently fuming while Dean heatedly yelled at you for a mistake made during a hunt. Sam tried telling Dean to back off, only to be shouted at in return.

"Are you even listening to me?! I feel like I'm wasting my breath trying to get into that hard head of yours!" Dean growled harshly. You set your jaw, biting back the words you desperately wanted to scream at him. You heard your father drop his bag on the floor, releasing an exasperated and aggravated sigh. "Will you ever learn some damn sense and just do what I ask you to?! You could've died tonight all because YOU-"

"Shut up!" You snapped gravely. You stopped in the entrance way of the hallway, Dean stopping a few feet away. Silence prevailed as Sam gasped and Dean's jaw dropped.

"Excuse me," Dean said slowly, darkly. He tilted his head to the side, brow raised. "What?"

"You heard me," You spoke coldly, your voice shaking and your tone edged. "I said, shut the hell up."

Dean scoffed, folding his arms over his broad chest as he shook his head slowly. When he spoke again, his voice was laced with fury. "Who do you think you're talking to? Do you forget I'm your father? I'm the parent here, not you."

You spun on your heel, facing him. Dean visibly took a step back, caught off guard by what he saw. Tears and blood from hours before stained your cheeks, your jaw locked as you gave him a deathly glare. He took a sharp breath in when he saw the fury in the fire that danced in your mossy green depths that reminded himself of his own. When you spoke, your voice was barely above a whisper with a tone so cold but it shook him to the core. 

"I know exactly who I am talking to. You might be the parent, but you must forget that this is not how you treat your child. You must also forget that this child, is a grown adult and can very well take care of their self." You released a shaky sigh as you took a single step forward, the expression on your features never changing. "I almost died tonight, because I made the CHOICE to tackle that werewolf before they can sink their claws into your back. I made that choice, because Sam can't live without you. I made that choice, because it was my choice to sacrifice my life." You took another single step forward, your breathing shallow.

"You-"

"I'm not done." You snipped coolly, Dean promptly shutting his mouth. "I also made that choice, because I have the free will to do so. We're supposed to have each other six's. So if that ends up with one of us being bruised and beaten, then ok. That's another win for us. If it ends up with just one of us dead, then I rather it be me. If that day ever comes, wrap me in satin and burn me in the hellfire, cause I know where I'm going and," You laughed hollowly, a detached grin on your lips as you shook your head and casted your gaze to the floor briefly. "That's just fine. But don't you worry, I'm listening just fine. The question is, are you?"

Sam and Dean stared at you, stunned. Your father's expression softened incredibly to a somber gaze, watching as you promptly turned away and marched out of the room, grabbing your bag as you went down the hallway. Sam and Dean jumped as they heard you slam your bedroom door, the sound filling the silence. Dean glanced back to Sam worriedly, only to get a pointed gaze in return.

Present Time

You moved from your spot, staggering back over to the coffee pot and filling your mug back up and grabbed the whiskey bottle as you sauntered back over to the kitchen table. Dean watched as you plopped back down, adding a generous amount of whiskey to your coffee. He gazed at you solemnly as he watched you wipe fresh tears from your still bloodstained cheeks. He sighed heavily and looked at his watch, stepping into the kitchen.

"It's four in the morning, [Reader]." He mumbled, grabbing a coffee mug and filling it with the dark, strong liquid. "Isn't it a little too early to be drinking?"

You scoffed a small laugh, sipping your drink. "If it helps the pain, then it's ok to be a little bent."

He blandly glared at you, sitting across from you. "Stop it. You sound like me."

"I am your child. What did you expect?" You smirked challengingly, sliding the bottle to Dean. He grunted a chuckle, then poured a generous amount of the liquor into his coffee.

"I expected you to be everything that isn't me, kid. Everything that isn't your asshole, overbearing dick of a father."

You laughed softly, shaking your head and casting your gaze down to your cup. "I guess those Winchester genes are strong."

He laughed gruffly as the silence washed over both of you, the words that needed to be said weighing heavily on his shoulders. They were on the tip of his tongue, seemingly only falling back down his throat. Dean gazed at you somberly, looking at your features that reflected his only so much so, from the freckles that dusted your cheeks and nose to the mossy green eyes and the sharp, chiseled jaw that was softer slightly. He sighed tiredly, swallowing his pride.

"You're right."

You snapped your head up, wide eyes filled with bewilderment resting on Dean. "Excuse me, what?"

Dean chuckled huskily, shaking his head. "You heard me. I said you were right. About everything. I should've been listening to you more and that was my fault for not stopping to hear what you have to say." He leaned forward, propping his arms on the table with on hand grasping his cup and the other grasping your free hand. "I'm not just going to let you die and take my fate if that day ever comes. That's not something for you to bare. So yeah, I'm listening, baby girl. I'm going to for as long as I can."

You smiled graciously, squeezing his hand. "In all fairness, in this life we can't even expect the expected along with the unexpected. Whatever happens, dad, happens. I don't care if I go down guns blazing or something incredibly stupid. Because I went down doing what I love, with the most two important men in my life."

"Two?" Dean grunted, raising a brow. "I'm supposed to be the only important man in your life."

"I don't know dad, Uncle Sam is pretty damn cool if you ask me." You laughed brightly, a shit eating grin sweeping your features. Dean gaped at you, baffled.

"What am I, chopped liver?" He grunted, trying to fight the smile that started to curl at the corners of his mouth. You shook your head frivolously, laughing still.

"No, you're the most irreplaceable man in my life. No one can replace you, dad." You smiled affectionately, then bashfully as he leaned forward and kissed your forehead.

"Damn right I am."