chapter 47

Stay - Zedd & Alessia Cara

We danced for a while until we were both panting and sweaty

We danced for a while until we were both panting and sweaty. Xavier dragged me back to where everyone else was, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. On a journey back, a few people approached us and tried to make conversation but Xavier wasn't having any of it. He didn't like talking to people who just wanted something to gossip about.

I guess they were trying to talk to us—mostly Xavier—because they thought since I got Xavier to smile and talk, he would be more open. If that's the case, they are horribly wrong. 

"—and he told me that I'm waay to desperate and clingy. I was like 'bitch please, I'm just being romantic. I guess you just can't handle me'.  Then the dickhead left. He left me all by myself." Ren sobs in her drunken state, kneeling on the floor. She's sat in front of Jess and is clinging to her knees. I feel so sorry for Jess who has no idea what to do right now. 

"I think we should take her back home before she starts hugging random strangers," Cora suggests, giving Ren a concerned look. Yeah, she did that once. It wasn't pretty. 

"I agree, this party is pretty lame anyway," Derek adds. 

"Okay, who wants to take her home?" I ask the group. 

My question is met with silence. Nobody wants to take home Ren because she keeps talking. Ren is usually the blabbermouth out of our group but when she's drunk, it's she can't keep her mouth shut. 

They all refuse to meet my gaze except for Jess who just shrugs when I look at her. "Let's do rock paper scissors on it. Loser has to take her home." 

Cora nods her head. We chant "rock, paper, scissors" and then do the hand motion for one of them. Cora chooses rock whilst I choose paper. I guess Cora and Derek are taking Ren home. 

Cora doesn't look too pleased, especially when she glances Ren who is currently running her hand over Jess's legs, claiming they are softer than a baby's bottom. I don't even want to ask. 

Cora walks over to Ren and kneels down. "Come on Ren, we need to get you home." 

Ren shakes her head and pouts. "But...I want to stay here. I just saw Peter Pan over there and oh look! Its Thor! I love Thor, he's so dreamy and sexy." 

Cora drags a hand through her hair and purses her lips. She doesn't want to snap at Ren because she's drunk. Drunk Ren gets emotional really quickly. 

"Ren please, can you be good and come home with us?" 

Ren contemplates it for a second but scrunches her nose up. "Nah, I like it here." 

"Ren, if you don't get your butt out of here in the next five seconds, I'm going to steal all of the gummy bears you have hidden under your bed." Cora threatens. Ren scrambles up, with a look of horror on her face. She loves gummy bears. A lot.