chapter 2

Britney Spears- Toxic

I'm dedicating this to ChaseLean for being the first person to vote for my story! Thank you so much!

Chapter 2

Edited by MerakiMeg

***

I had never been more relieved to leave calculus. The whole lesson I felt Xavier's eyes on me. It was creepy as hell, quite unnerving. I tried so hard not to snap at him or blush. The weird thing was that a part of me enjoyed his attention on me. I have no clue why though, I hated his guts. He was a man whore who used and then dumped girls without a care in the world.

I stormed out of the classroom, my eyes trained on the path ahead of me. I wanted to see Cora and forget about that weird lesson.

"Annabella." A male's voice called out behind me. I stiffened as I realized it was Xavier's.

Pursed my lips together in annoyance, I decided to ignore him and continued to walk. I didn't want everyone's attention on me. It's not that I hated the attention on me but rather that I hated people thinking I liked it. I didn't want to be seen as an attention seeker. In fact, I'd rather watch attention seekers.

"Annabella!" Xavier shouted louder causing some people to look at me in curiosity. Was he going to continue shouting out to me?

Probably.

I better turn around, in case he started to get angry.

"What?" I hissed, turning around and narrowing my eyes at him.

"Woah," Xavier stopped in front of me, holding his hands up in a surrender motion. "What's got you so cranky?"

"You," I spit out, glaring at him. He only looked at me in amusement. Amusement! My irritation spiked at that, this wasn't funny!

"Wow, you're feisty." He noted with a smile on his face. A real smile. "I like it."

I tried to ignore my heart that was pounding in my chest. That smile though, it was real. He never gave a real smile. Then I felt the eyes on me. From boys who were looking at me in curiosity to girls who were glaring at me in jealousy. I wished I could tell them that I wanted nothing to do with this egotistical asshole.

"Leave me alone."

"Nope." He said, popping the 'p'. Groaning in annoyance, I saw as his gray eyes looked more satisfied at me.

Was he really happy by this? Did he actually enjoy tormenting me?

"Listen sweet pea, I'm not going anywhere," Xavier stated, watching my reaction. Xavier looked like he enjoyed my anger, a smirk growing on his face.

My anger rose at that as I clenched my fist together. This so wasn't what I wanted right now. I just wanted to go to my next lesson and learn something pointless. High school was already tough, I didn't need Xavier to make it worse.

"Whatever." I scoff, rolling my eyes. Perhaps if I looked like I didn't care, he would go away. Perhaps he would leave me alone and harass another girl. It's what he usually did.

He raised a perfect eyebrow up, a smirk on his face. "Oh really? Whatever? I guess you won't mind if I walk you to your next lesson then."

I had never wanted to slap someone as much as I did right now. Not that it would go well but who cares?

What did he want anyway? Why was he suddenly paying attention to me?

Without a word, I stomped off like a child. I didn't wait for him, I didn't want to wait for him. Completely blanking my crazy heart, I tried to reason with it that he was trouble. My mind recalled all of the times he publicly dumped girls and how upset they were. He was cruel, a sadist.