chapter 28

Love Story - Taylor Swift

I want to thank everybody again for voting, commenting and for adding this book to their reading list! EVERY single one of them goes straight to my heart. It means so much knowing you're enjoying the chapters! So THANK YOU!! 

This chapter is dedicated to ShanoyaAble for voting! And everybody else who voted (everybody who has already had a chapter dedicated to them). Keep voting!!!

As a child, my dad always told me a man who was serious about you will do anything for you

As a child, my dad always told me a man who was serious about you will do anything for you. No matter how embarrassing or ridiculous the task was. If he never gave up on you, if his goal was to make you happy than he was a keeper.

Xavier never gave up on me. No matter how many times I told him to bug off, he stayed. His goals were to make me happy, make me smile. Xavier had ticked off my mini checklist.

I had built walls around my heart from boys like him. Many times I had watched girls break over boys – players – who dumped them.I watched Ren cry many times over her crush who was with another girl. And because of that, I had made a vow to myself to never be like one of those girls. I promised myself that I would never give into a player. Yet, here I am.

Xavier was slowly making his way into my heart. It wasn't just by the dance or this evening but also by those truthful comments he'd make. The little things were the main reason, nobody would think so but they were. They were the true reason.

Tugging me to the picnic, I sit down on the soft blanket whilst Xavier sits opposite me. The romantic atmosphere is making my nerves spike. Was this a date? Was this my first date? With Xavier? Because this feels like a date. A really good date. It's very impressive and me. For my first date, I wouldn't want to go to a fancy restaurant, so going somewhere that actually has significance to me is heartwarming.

"Xavier?" I ask, curiously getting the better of me. I have to know. His astonishing grey eyes lift up to me, the grey brighter in the darkness. "Is-is this a date?"

He doesn't reply for a few seconds. Perhaps he's going to say 'no, of course, its not. A real date would be somewhere better than in a park. Duh.'

"Only if you want it to be." He tells me, maintaining eye contact.

I suck in a breath, my mind wandering. Do I want this to be a date? This magnificent place is a dream come true of a date, its way beyond any expectations I had. But do I want my first date to be with Xavier?

What would even happen after this date? Would he ask me to be his girlfriend? Would we have to have another date? Or would he realize I'm not good or pretty enough for him and move on?

Stop over thinking!

I do need to stop overthinking. I need to live in the moment.

I need to follow my heart.