chapter 1

Annabella above^^ If you don't like how I imagine her, feel free to imagine her differently. 

New Rules- Dua Lipa

Please vote and comment!

Chapter 1

Edited by MerakiMeg

***

The halls were packed, as teenagers flooded through the doors. Some laughed, some gossiped, and a few cried. Boys joked around as they eyed the girls, who waved flirtatiously at them, trying to gain their attention.

All in all, it was a normal day at Wellington High.

"And then he was like 'you are too crazy for me bitch' and walked away. He freaking walked away from me!" Ren said, her tone angry and upset. Ren was my crazy best friend who was going on about her disastrous date. I was leaning against my locker, very disinterested. Cora, my other best friend, was showing her lack of interest by trying to chip off her nail varnish.

All of us had been friends for what felt like forever. I met had met Ren in kindergarten and we had instantly hit off a great friendship. As for Cora, she joined halfway through middle school when she moved from California. I had noticed her sitting alone in the playground, upset and decided she needed a friend. After meeting each other, our friendship blossomed.

We all worked well together, each of us having very different personalities. Ren would be classed as the pretty one, by people outside of our friendship group, with her silky blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes, she was also tall, around 5'7. Ren was kind but also a bit crazy. She really wanted a boyfriend and she'd go to great lengths to get one. Ren was the one who socialized the most by doing clubs like drama and singing.

Cora was the bold one. She had fiery red hair, blue eyes, and was average height. She had freckles dotted on her nose and cheeks, which she despised. Cora was the headstrong one, who fought back at whatever people said. She had an athletic body from all of the soccer and cross country she did. She also acted like a tomboy who pretended to hate most people, even though deep down, she was the most sensitive out of all of us. She just didn't show it.

Some would say I'm the 'nicest' out of the group. I have been called many times by my two best friends, the 'innocent one', with big doe green eyes and soft features. Unfortunately, I was just below average height, reaching 5"4. And looked quite skinny from all of my sporty activities - cheerleading. I'm really quiet around people I don't really know, however, the people I'm comfortable with know just how chatty I really am. If I did ever talk to others, I would use small and short sentences. My passion was dancing, especially whilst doing cheerleading. My parents enrolled me in gymnastics when I was around five and ever since then, I've been in love with it. Because I'm quite light, I was put as a flyer.

I have long brown hair, reaching to my elbows, it was shiny and wavy, something that Ren was apparently jealous about the time. She says that she's envious of it but really, it's the other way round. I'm envious of her hair.

At school, I'm not really unnoticed; instead, I'm just kind of there. People know about me, including some boys who had asked me out on a date but that was about it. I'm friends with a few of the other cheerleaders who were nice but stayed away from people like Stacy.

Unlike my friends' outfits, I usually wear casual clothes like skinny jeans and crop tops. I don't feel confident enough to wear any pretty dresses or bold clothing here. Half of the time I hate wearing crop tops, only considering them because Ren insists.

Cora snorted. "I don't blame him."

Ren, being the overdramatic person she was, gasped in shock. "Come again?"