chapter 3

I Got You- Duke Dumont

Pretty Little Liars talk in this chapter. There aren't any spoilers though, don't worry!

Chapter 3

Edited by MerakiMeg

***

True to his rather annoying word, Xavier was leaning against the wall outside my class, waiting. Throughout the lesson, I was praying for him not to show up, hoping he somehow, miraculously forgot about me. Unfortunately, luck wasn't on my side.

Immediately, a scowl made it way onto my face as I tried to sneak past him. Quickly, I maneuvered my way past my classmates, keeping my head low. However, he somehow managed to spot me though.

"Princess, you aren't trying to sneak past me are you?" He asked, smirking at me.

Gritting my teeth together, I stomped away. "Obviously," I growled out as he started to walk with me. It was now lunch, meaning I'd get to see Ren and Cora.

I did not want Xavier sitting with me, he could go and make out with some girl.

"Wow, you really know how to break my heart babe." I could hear the amusement in his voice, taunting me. It was like a game, a game to see how long it would take me until I finally snapped and went ape crazy on him. Was that his plan?

Well, people like Xavier always knew how to make people mad.

"Why don't you just leave me alone?" I shouted out, angrily.

"Can't do that sweetheart," Xavier replied.

I narrowed my eyes at him but quickly looked away from him when I saw everyone was looking at us. The more time I was around Xavier, the more people would talk. I did not want to be everyone's gossip.

I stopped at the cafeteria's doors which made him stop. Perhaps I could try and reason with him in some way. I doubted it would work but there's no harm in trying.

"Look." I started as he gave me a questioning look. "Can you maybe not be seen walking in here with me? I despise gossip, especially if it means I'll be seen as your latest conquest. You... aren't the person I want my friends to see me around." I exhaled, darting my eyes away from his.

Slowly, I raised them back up to see him wearing a casual smirk on his face. However, his eyes spoke otherwise. They didn't look amused by my outburst; I couldn't recognize what emotion they were showing, maybe because it was well hidden.

"Are you embarrassed to be seen around me, sweetheart?" He asked, his deep voice sounding sexy. "Because I'm not embarrassing, I'm brag-worthy." I wanted to snort at that but I somehow restrained myself. "But if that's what you want, sure thing,"

For the first time today whilst in his presence, I smiled at him. He looked taken aback by it but was happy nonetheless.

"Thank you." I softly said. Perhaps he isn't a total douche.

"But princess, as soon as lunch finishes, I'm escorting you to your next lesson," Xavier smirked making me glower at him.

Spoke too soon.

***

As soon as I reached the table where Cora and Ren were sat, they bombarded me with questions.

"Why are you late?"

"Why are people gossiping about you?"

And my least favorite, "Why are people saying you're hanging out with Xavier?"