chapter 26

Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra

Annabella's dress up top^^

This is dedicated to lisa2548 for the votes! Thank you!!

After our interesting day out, Xavier dropped me back to my room

After our interesting day out, Xavier dropped me back to my room. When I asked him where he was staying, he turned around and gave me one of his infamous smirks.

"Why? You worrying I don't have a place to stay?" He cockily said and I just scowled at him. 

"No." I snapped back. "I'm just hoping you aren't on the same floor as me." 

Lifting an eyebrow, he grinned, shaking his head and left. 

I walked into passed my parents who were cuddled up on the sofa together, whispering sweet things to each other. I shivered at the things they could be saying. 

Nobody wants to know what their parents do behind their back. 

Collapsing on my bed, I stared up at the ceiling. I wonder where Xavier's going to take me. Hopefully somewhere nice. If today's anything to go by, I know I'm going to enjoy this evening. 

My fingers unconsciously run over my rose necklace and I smile. Xavier's changing, like me, for better. He did something so...considerate and kind. He makes me feel so comfortable and happy like I could spend forever with him and never get bored. 

We've gotten close and I trust him. Which is unusual for me since I don't trust anybody ever. You have to be close to me, for me to even properly open up. 

Giving my trust to him is a massive leap. I don't regret giving it to him, I'm just cautious of what he will do with it. He doesn't appear like someone who would manipulate it and use it for his own benefit but do I really know him? The whole time I've spent with him, I still hardly know him. 

I've never been to his house, never met his family -- hell, I haven't even heard him mention his family. 

If I hardly know him, how the hell do I trust him?! He could be a serial killer for all I know. Oh god, what if he i-

Shut up! He's not a serial killer, just a private person. I bet he will tell you everything if you just ask him. The calm and rational side of me reassures me. I'm just panicking. 

I need to calm down and think this through. He's not any of that, I may not know him but deep down, my heart is telling me that he's a good guy. That he's always going to be there for me. Xavier's just misunderstood...

"Knock, knock." My dad interrupts my thoughts as he peeks his head through the gap. He looks slightly uncomfortable, probably afraid I'm getting changed or something. Lifting myself up, I give him an 'okay' look. 

"Yes, dad?" 

"I'm just telling you that me and your mom are leaving soon. You going to be okay here by yourself?" He asks. Knowing dad, he's probably worried I won't feel safe here by myself. Did he forget I won't be -- sugar! I didn't tell him Xavier's taking me out.