chapter 45

Shake It Off - Taylor Swift

Check out the amazing cover up above by MiaDestiny88! Remember, if you have a cover then please send it to me! I'd love to see them! 

"Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

I shake it off, I shake it off, 

I, I shake it off, I shake it off

I, I shake it off, I shake it off"

We all sing—well shout—in front of the mirror, listening to Taylor Swift. Ren continues to shout into Cora's hairbrush as she pretends its a microphone. Jess continues to mouth the rest of the lyrics whilst me and Cora give up. I love this song but after a while, it gets repetitive.

We have nearly finished getting ready for the costume house party later. I'm excited and nervous about it. I'm happy that Xavier is going to be there with me the whole time. I mean, it's not like he's going to leave me alone with a bunch of drunk, hormonal teenagers.

"What time are the guys getting here?" I ask as I put the final piece of my outfit on, my gloves. They fit snuggly in my arms, reaching my elbows.

Ren turns Taylor Swift off and answers me, "I think they are coming at seven to hang out for a while. The party starts at nine but nobody ever turns up early so we'll turn up fashionably late."

I nod my head in understanding and glance at the clock. 18.51. Not too long until Xavier arrives. I wonder what he will think of my outfit. Will he like my choice of clothing or will he think its plain and boring?

Linda, Cora's mom, peaks her head through the door. "Hello, girls, hows it going?" She asks, smiling."

"Great Linda," Ren replies.

Linda steps into the room and gasps as she sees all of us. She places her small, fragile hand over her mouth in shock. "Wow, just wow. You girls look stunning."

Me and Jess blush whilst Cora and Ren smile. Linda then starts gushing how we are going to make all of the men's mouths are going to drop down to the ground and how we are going to have all eyes on us. As flattering as that is, I don't think Xavier would be happy with the male attention.

Not even five minutes later, the doorbell rings. Squealing, Linda rushes to answer the door, with us following.

Linda excitedly opens the door and introduces herself to Xavier. When it comes to Derek, I can see she's more reluctant to welcome him in but nonetheless, she gives him a warm hug. She probably wasn't happy with what went down with Cora and Derek, which she has every right to be mad about. But I know Linda, she's forgiving and kind. If her daughter is happy, she will be happy.